By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official NTDOY/Nintendo discussion thread

Yes, you should be worried and sell. I need more people to sell their shares so I can buy back in cheap.

Around the Network

The dollar is getting MURDERED! Expect a big drop on the Japanese exchange if things don't improve. At least this might present us with a buying opportunity.

Look out below, we are probably going to get crushed tonight. The dollar got smashed like a bug.

skywalker2007 said:
In Japan, Nintendo is ONLY outselling PS3 two to one in October.

Hmmm... should we be worried?

The PS3 is going to sell in the holiday season. Not as well as the Wii, but enough to be falling behind at a slower rate. If you decide to sell it would to avoid the fallout of the plunge in the dollar. Did anyone notice that the Chinese toy 'aqua dots' converts to roofies when swallowed? http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0758602120071107 Probably the Chinese trashed the dollar to get even for another recall of a toy made in China. And then we get punished when the dollar drops.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

If dollar gets smashed, wouldn't that make NTDOY up because it is shown in US dollar ? For example if dollar/yen is trading at 1:1 (extreme example of weaken dollar), them wouldn't the value of NTDOY be 1/8 of 7974stock = 8000(64,000/8)? Either weak dollar or strong yen should be good for NTDOY.

Around the Network

Fallen to $73.30

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

skywalker2007 said:
If dollar gets smashed, wouldn't that make NTDOY up because it is shown in US dollar ? For example if dollar/yen is trading at 1:1 (extreme example of weaken dollar), them wouldn't the value of NTDOY be 1/8 of 7974stock = 8000(64,000/8)? Either weak dollar or strong yen should be good for NTDOY.

The problem for Nintendo is that a lot of their earnings are in dollars, but their expenses are in yen. So they pay 18000 yen for something and price it at at $250, expecting a 40% profit. But then the dollar goes down the toilet and the $250 only converts to 26000 yen, and their profit drops to 30%. That amounts to a 25% reduction in earnings from US sales. Hence in Japan on the TSE 7974 drops the full limit for the day, and any "gain" a US investor sees as the dollor drops is offset by 7974 loses priced in yen.

The dollar slaughter continues, the ration is down to 110. NTDOY is getting hammered. I'm going to start buying in again today if I can. Am I sick if I enjoy these down markets?

Yea definitely time to buy in now, tumbled down to $66.

If the yen carry trade with the dollar continues to unwind, we could see 100 yen to the dollar. There is a limit to what banks can do, and the Fed and the Treasury does not seem to be concerned. I am going to wait for a bounce or two before I start to buy. The stork is not headed up until their is some news to move it up.