By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One of the heroes in FF XIII is named... Snow. I am not making that up.

Haven't these names that the characters been given just Aliases? Thats what I heard in the last week or so as a news report. So I'm assuming Snow is just this guys Alias.

Around the Network

it took long enough...

video footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjmPQtP4yc

To the Japanese, the word Snow might be a cool when used as a name. Like some cool Japanese names sound cool to us but basically they are just the word Potatoe in japanese...

what's his surname?

Hmm, pie.

inyourmind: damn, you beat me to it.

I wish someone would tell Square Enix to stop it with this awful names. Cloud, Squall, Snow? Good lord whats next Stream, Gust, and Gale? I remember thinking that Claude was a lame name when they first showed off FFVII for PS1, after they changed it to Cloud, I kicked myself for complaining.

@Inyourmind

That was classic man. You win the thread. Canadian Reggae Rappers for the win LOL.

Around the Network
swyggi said:
He might be renamed in the American version. Ice would've been so much better.

But now that I think about it Snow isn't that half bad of name. Just think of some rugged men talking to one of their buddies and you'll see what I mean. "Hey........hey Snow, git yer ass down here!"

You're right, that sounds fine actually... if that buddy is one of his girlfriends that is.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

So is Noctis anything better? Square has always been giving names to its main characters since FFVII based on natural phenomenons. Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Lightning, Noctis. The only exception is Zidane which is a hommage to the football player Zinedine Zidane from France, who won the World Cup at the time Square was developing FFIX, and also FFXII which had a completely different dev team.

I bet the other characters will be called; Sunshine, Wind, Frost, Thunder, Rain, shower

SHMUPGurus said:
outlawauron said:
So he's a gutless wuss at heart?

Hehe, reminds me of a certain character in Tales of Vesperia. He could be quite fun to see! =P

Schwann (Raven) is awesome! Don't you dare insult him!