By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - July Purchase Thread

ckmlb said:
Astrodust said:
By the way ckmlb, I need a prediction from you for my thread "When will the Wii not win combined WW monthly sales?" Put it in the thread so I can add it to the list.

I don't think I can make that prediction, it's a weird stat. Also, pick up Paper Mario because it's the second best Wii game so far but be ready for like 40 minutes of reading in the beginning lol...

Oh comon just pick a date. How about Nov? November's a good date. Or how even better yet December. I know you're looking at December. You know it. You know it. Actually I wish I went with December myself. I just didn't want to be out of my own game so early if I was wrong.

Around the Network

Some people prefer to observe than to make predictions. If you are putting the months for him, that wouldn't really be his prediction.

Astrodust said:
Hey should I pick up Paper Mario for the Wii. Heard there was a lot of text that got in the way of the game.

The story and the writing is all very good, its just very wordy at the start.  Honestly I am nearing  30 hours of gameplay at the moment and still have several things I want to do before I will feel like I have completed the game.  I have already beaten it however.  

Ultimately, if you enjoy RPG games, and Super Mario Bros. then you will probably like this game.  There is a lot of humor to the writing that makes it much more bareable but that opening sequence when you just want to get a feel for what the game is about was brutal for me.

I think one of the game's strong points is that it looks and plays similar enough to Super Mario Bros that it interests people who haven't played Mario in a while.  I think it was back when my brother was in town, my  mom got a chance to play it for a while and the last time she had played mario was Super Mario World.  She had no clue about the RPG and 3-D elements but took it all in stride pretty well. I think she really enjoyed the game, which surprised me a bit.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Well, I just spent $15 reserving SMG, SSBB, TLoZ:PH at Gamestop. I guess that counts for something...

I'm waiting on a DS or PSP game I want. No July purchases, at the moment, unless lowering springs for my RSX count.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Whenever you buy something else, you can always return to the thread and post what you got. Remember anything game related qualifies so not just games.

ahhh, damn, you clarified "game related" at the end there, I was gonna be a smartass, oh well ;)

Super Stardust HD

Ninja Gaiden Sigma(picking up Fri(pay)day)

vizunary said:
ckmlb said:

Whenever you buy something else, you can always return to the thread and post what you got. Remember anything game related qualifies so not just games.

ahhh, damn, you clarified "game related" at the end there, I was gonna be a smartass, oh well ;)

Super Stardust HD

Great purchases Vizunary. I've said it before, but I think Ninja Gaiden is the ultimate reason for the existance of a game pad.

How are you enjoying Super Stardust? It's right up my alley, definitely a game I'd buy.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
vizunary said:
ckmlb said:

Super Stardust HD

Great purchases Vizunary. I've said it before, but I think Ninja Gaiden is the ultimate reason for the existance of a game pad.

How are you enjoying Super Stardust? It's right up my alley, definitely a game I'd buy.

Super Stardust is freakin awesome.

Edit:  I also rented NGS but am trying to finish RE4 (PS2), F.E.A.R. (PS3), and GoW2 first.  I've also finally been able to put Oblivion away in anticipation of the new version coming out (I've rented it for months...I was holding out for the expansion on PS3).  It's getting tough to catch up.  I also want to play The Darkness and Rainbow Six.

I'm a sucker, I bought a Pokemon Pearl/Diamond guide even though essentially the same material is available for free in a less pretty version online. But I wanted the pretty pictures and maps!

My very casual brother finally broke down after months of searching for a Wii, and bought the system+Zelda off eBay for $400! He also bought Mario Party 8, Wii Play, and two more remotes.....hey, at least he got Zelda. :> His girlfriend is now going to make him buy WiiFit too lol.

I may not get it in for July but I'm planning on eventually picking up Picross DS and Mario Strikers Charged which are both July 30th releases.

windbane said:

Super Stardust is freakin awesome.

Edit: I also rented NGS but am trying to finish RE4 (PS2), F.E.A.R. (PS3), and GoW2 first. I've also finally been able to put Oblivion away in anticipation of the new version coming out (I've rented it for months...I was holding out for the expansion on PS3). It's getting tough to catch up. I also want to play The Darkness and Rainbow Six.

You best hurry up. Lair and Warhawk are right around the corner, not to mention Stranglehold with the HD movie version and GRAW2.