By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - July Purchase Thread

Bodhesatva said:
I ordered my second GTS 8800 two weeks ago, installed it three days ago. No games this month though.

The 8800 is such a nice card, friend of mine had to show me up after I got mine....He got 2! But he has had LOTS of problems getting the SLI to work properly in different games.  Its a constant struggle. 

But anyways as for my purchases this month.... 

•  Stalker: SoC
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Wii Play (needed a new remote)

And I convinced my brother to buy a Wii simply by having him over with his GF (he got wii play and a nunchuk with it also).  Then he promptly had to buy another Wii a week later because his GF wanted one for her place (and her brithday was coming up), so he got the exact same package again. 

I am already considering buying the Tiger Woods golf game but I will likely rent it first to see if I like it.  It would be nice to have something for my dad to play whenever he stops by the house, as he is very in to golf.  Actually he owns a course near where I live and I sort of want to convince him to put a Wii in down there so people can play when it rains or while waiting for their tee time, or other openings etc... 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I'm going to pick up Prey (360) for $20 at Wal-mart as soon as I finish my patio, hopefully today or tomorrow. Summer is usually when I finish up other games or pick up old ones for cheap.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

I bought Clubhouse Games for the DS this month, and might buy Paper Mario for the VC before the end of the month, depending on how much spare time I have to play more games (which hasn't been a lot, lately).

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

re4 wii edition
paper mario(vc)
final fantasy III(ds)

(DS) Puzzle Quest
(DS) Mario Kart
(Wii) System
(NGC) Controller and used memory card
(NGC) Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

Ninja Gaiden Sigma(PS3)

Much smoother than the original and looks great even if it isnt on a HDTV.

Nucleus(PSN)
Great fun little game well worth the £4.99/$10.

The Darkness(PS3)
Good Story can get frustrating at times but i reccomend to any one who likes a good story or shooters.

Enchanted Arms(PS3)
I dont see why this game got bad reviews it isnt that bad i must admit the gay in it is very annoying the music is awful my advise turn subtitles on and listen to rock music.It is trying to be too like FinalFantasy it hurts i.e.Overbreak instead of Overkill(FFX).Apart from some MAJOR problems its not that bad of a game i dont reccomend it to anyone unless you can forgive the problems in it.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

small derail for a sec, just curious..

@mitsuhide,

When did you make those predictions in your sig? Just wondering a round'about date is all.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@Sqrl:
I think it was the 20th of July 07.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Xbox 360 Elite

Gears of War-Loving it so far

Dead Rising-Haven't touched it yet

mitsuhide... enchated arms.. is a horrible rpg.... its created by ubisoft... enough said