By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - July Purchase Thread

I bought a Wii, Rayman Raving Raving Rabbids, and Resident Evil 4.

Rayman, I kind of bought all of us and is fun. Got a few laughs. Should be a good one when people are over.

Resident Evil 4, I just watched my roommate play for a few minutes so I haven't really tried it yet. Ya I know, had the game 2 days and haven't touched it yet. I think I am going to hate the controls though. Never did like Capcoms prehistoric approach to controls for this series. I'm itching for Metroids controls. I think Nintendo has hit the nail on the head for that game.

Around the Network

I didnt say it was good i didnt say it was bad its just not worth it.I think i like it cause i finished FFXII and was appauled by Oblivion so this is like a happy medium between the 2 for me.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

That's all really this month (I'm considering buying a new SixAxis soon), a pretty slow month.
August should be bigger with Lair, Warhawk, and everything in-between.

By the way ckmlb, I need a prediction from you for my thread "When will the Wii not win combined WW monthly sales?" Put it in the thread so I can add it to the list.

Ari_Gold said:
mitsuhide... enchated arms.. is a horrible rpg.... its created by ubisoft... enough said

RPGs by Ubisoft. Sounds as bad as action games by Squareenix. For reference play: The Bouncer, Full Metal Alchemist, Drakengard and FF7 Dirge of Cerberus.

On topic, I bough some VC games like Beyond Oasis (Genesis), Punch Out (Nes) and Gungstar Heroes (Genesis). I think I may buy the original Paper Mario, I loved Super Paper Mario (the 1st I played).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Hey should I pick up Paper Mario for the Wii. Heard there was a lot of text that got in the way of the game.

Astrodust said:
By the way ckmlb, I need a prediction from you for my thread "When will the Wii not win combined WW monthly sales?" Put it in the thread so I can add it to the list.

I don't think I can make that prediction, it's a weird stat. Also, pick up Paper Mario because it's the second best Wii game so far but be ready for like 40 minutes of reading in the beginning lol...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Triolus said:

Xbox 360 Elite

Gears of War-Loving it so far

Dead Rising-Haven't touched it yet

Good stuff, be ready for some annoying flaws in Dead Rising though. Doesn't mean it's not a great game.

dgenerate said:
Just picked up Odin Sphere and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. Can't wait to get off work now.

You sir have good taste.

I bought a used 60GB PS3. with that I also purchased
-Tekken 5:DR download.
-Memory Card adapter
-USB convertor to use PS1/2 controllers
Kinda annoying I had to buy the bottom 2 to use PS2 stuff unlike PS1 -> PS2 migration.

The prime reason I bought a PS3 is for T5:DR online play so I'm still waiting until then.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.