By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Reasons RPG's Suck

Link

And don't waste your time telling me how old this is. I know, it was originally done in the September of 2000. So deal with it. I just found it and thought it was funny.

Around the Network

Facepalm.

"[Disclaimer: Nothing in this Top Ten is meant to be taken seriously, so don't get all riled up.]"

I enjoyed the subtitle to the article the most.

Feylic said:
I enjoyed the subtitle to the article the most.

Best part of it.

Around the Network

You could at least have found a witty way of telling us that the list still applies today.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Where did I leave my glass?

Good thing I only read 10-8.

MANUELF said:
"[Disclaimer: Nothing in this Top Ten is meant to be taken seriously, so don't get all riled up.]"

lol its just for kicks. They know RPG's are good

lol, Lord British

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

lol at #1. I remember there was this live re-creation of a Final Fantasy 7 battle in a forest. It look hilarious, with numbers popping up above people's head when they attacked. When one of the fighters summoned, some dud dressed up as cell from DBZ came up from no-where, lifted his arms, dissapeared, and everyone on the other team took damage.

Anyway, I do have to explain when someone less experienced with old school games is watching me play something turned based like Baten Kaitos why the battles look retarted. When turned based RPG's came about in NES days, it didn't look weird because you just gave commands and the battle was up to your imagination. Now that realistic graphics are in, it does look kinda weird. Why is my guy just standing there while the enemy opens a can of whoop*** on him. That is probably why there aren't quite as many turn based RPG's anymore.