By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SEGA On FIRE!! Valkyria Chronicles -- 9/10 -- Playstation Mag - USA!

I think I underestimated how many people would give a SRPG a better rating for breaking out of some of the "boring" parts of a SRPG and having a "live action" move system.

Though i'm a little worried there is no move afteer fire. (That i've seen so far anyway.)

Game should rule though.  Would be my first PS3 game if I didn't need to get one to test out my PS3 to make sure it works.

Whenever it gets here...

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Okay, I think it's time I started paying attention to this game. What's it about?

you have a PS3??

if you do....get the demo for free....its a SRPG...A brilliant one!!!!!!

If you don't.....get one of your friends to download the demo n play it at his/her house!!

lmao, you gave me an LBP beta key the other day (which I never did thank you for :P) and I have an MGS4 sig. Yeah, clearly I don't own a ps3 >_>

--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Okay, I think it's time I started paying attention to this game. What's it about?

you have a PS3??

if you do....get the demo for free....its a SRPG...A brilliant one!!!!!!

If you don't.....get one of your friends to download the demo n play it at his/her house!!

lmao, you gave me an LBP beta key the other day (which I never did thank you for :P) and I have an MGS4 sig. Yeah, clearly I don't own a ps3 >_>

lol...I did didn't I....even though it was indirectly (I think you were banned so your friend took it for you)

anyways then tell us what are your impressions of the demo....once you have played it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yup, Sega are definetely improving. VC, Yakuza, Condemned, all fantastic.

Sonic still sucks though :P

Around the Network

famistu gave the game really high score

Sega is back!

Valkyria looks pretty good.

Let's hope this is another AAA Exclusive game for the Sony PlayStation 3, Multi-media Interactive 4-D gaming, true next generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System.

DMeisterJ said:
Sega is back!

Valkyria looks pretty good.

Let's hope this is another AAA Exclusive game for the Sony PlayStation 3, Multi-media Interactive 4-D gaming, true next generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System.

If it actually stayed in the 90's that'd be a miracle.  I'm not sure any SRPG is in the 90s.

Don't forget Yakuza 3, another awesome looking PS3 exlcusive, Sega have always been one of my favourite developer and its good to see them get back into the groove of things.

This is a day one purchase for sure, the combination of fantastic art direction, refreshing gameplay and what appears to be a darn good story ensure that this is my most anticipated game of the year.

Keep an eye out for Sega's DS and PSP offering as well, some of them look very promising! Go Sega Go

@ Kasz

Nope, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP is only an 88. :'(

But this is a true next gen game for the Sony PlayStation 3, Multi-media Interactive 4-D gaming, true next generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System, that alone makes it a 90.