By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't think the PS3 can hit middle-high 5 mil consoles by the end of the year....

Darc Requiem said:
I agree with the Source. TheSource is the best sales analyst in gaming. Too bad he isn't getting paid and Pachter is. I think the PS3 will end up with around 7 million units sold by the end of the year. Soriku, I honestly don't know how you can think the PS3 will be in the 5 million range. Do you realize the amount gaming hardware that is sold during the last two months of the year?

No, he apparently doesn't.

But that's ok.  Just another thread to put down Sony and then tell Sony fanboys to go away...in the SONY FORUM.

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
Hey you guys, let go of mitsuhide! His predictions are only as unrealistic as Sony's, that's expecting 16.5 million shipped by March '08.

Of course they'll both be proved wrong, but give him a break.

And whos to stop ten from SHIPPING that much.

Not sale but ship, quite achievable. 

Yeah I disagree Sony isnt gonna make that mark any time soon...until games come out for the system, and there is a reasonable price cut...than thats when developers are gonna jump aboard and make games for it...the Playstation 3 is basically to hard to make games...the hardware is powerful but it requires lots and lots of time and thats a negative against the system...Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy XIII are gonna take forever to come out...and currently thats just gonna make the Xbox 360 and Wii gain sales...sorry sony but i still believe that your in the battle but your basically gonna be in third place this console generation...

Nonquihote said:

Stores need to be selling consoles in order to buy any for Sony to ship them. There's no way stores would be willing to stockpile 7 million consoles if less than 10 million are sold by then. MS overloaded stores just to get 10 million out there and the difference in sold vs shipped was much less.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Nonquihote said:

A lot of reasonable people here are expecting them to sell ~8 million by year's end, maybe ~10 million in March. You expect, and think it's reasonable, for them to ship 6 million more?

Let me guess, you also think it's reasonable for them to still expect to ship 2 million more PS3s than PSPs this fiscal year?

To me, Sony's predictions seem just as unreasnoable as Sony's fan's. That excuses fans, but not Sony. They're being as unreasonable as they were last year.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Soriku... would you drop the bumps? Trying to get 200 posts fast, is that it?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Bodhesatva said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Soriku said:
And I forgot to say that Capcom said they might bring RE5 to Wii if RE: UC does well :P They said it won't come in 08 so 09 which is plenty of time to make it for the Wii.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Capcom hasnt said anything like that .

Yeah, Diomedes is right, although it's important to note that Capcom did say that they would bring more Resident Evil games to the Wii if UC did well. That doesn't mean RE5, it just means more Resident Evil. Perhaps 6? Who knows, but 5 is extremely unlikely. 

Didn't Capcom downgrade RE4 to port it to the much more popular PS2? If the margin of graphics between the Wii and 360 are narrower than those of the PS2 and GC (I could be entirely wrong in that though), I don't think its impossible for RE5 or RE6 to come to the weaker Wii. No way the Wii would be getting that at the same time though if that was the case, we'd be seeing the game comming out a year later at best. Either way, no sense in making predictions when nothing has been said for how long since the game was announced.

Boken 360 systems will lead to more ps3 purchases and more 360's for sale on Ebay.

grimygunz said:
Boken 360 systems will lead to more ps3 purchases and more 360's for sale on Ebay.

With a free 3 year warranty, why would that happen? Most people with a 360 seem quite happy with their available games despite issues with the system for them to give up completely because of it. Hell, being burnt by the 360 hardware issues may cause people to be warry of dropping $500 or more on another system that could potentially have problems of its own. Especially since the PS2 isn't acknowledged as being a lasting piece of equipment.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

ceres said:
grimygunz said:

With a free 3 year warranty, why would that happen? Most people with a 360 seem quite happy with their available games despite issues with the system for them to give up completely because of it. Hell, being burnt by the 360 hardware issues may cause people to be warry of dropping $500 or more on another system that could potentially have problems of its own. Especially since the PS2 isn't acknowledged as being a lasting piece of equipment.

Must be fun having to replace $400 electronics 5 times a year.  They get a fixed 360 back they sale it on ebay or ebgames and get a PS3.  My Ps2 has been working for 8 year now and still going, it was a launch model.