By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't think the PS3 can hit middle-high 5 mil consoles by the end of the year....

Soriku said:
I mean the killer AAA games for the PS3 are out in 2008 and the 2 big ones for this year, Warhawk and Lair are coming out next month! Anyway, there is NO chance 2 games will sell a million. No, a bunch of people WITH PS3s will buy then, FEW will buy a game for them. Heck, by the time they come out the PS3 might just be STARTING 4 mil console or are about to start (I get prediction from weekly sales). By year's end it won't sell 8 mil, or 7 mil, and I doubt 6 mil. Look at how long the PS3s been in 3 mil. MONTHS. Don't expect 6-8 mil. Expect a solid 4.9-5.5 if they're lucky. Please next year don't say "LAWLZ, FF XIII AND MGS4 WILL SELL 13 MIL CONSOLES TO KETCHUP WITH WII!11!!bbq!11! cause that won't happen. WKS might not help MUCH either (to sell PS3s). The OTHER games like SC IV, GTA4 (or is it 5? I forgot lol.), etc. I didn't count cause they're going to 360 too >_> Now I want your, honest, honest opinion on this. And if you're gonna act like a fanboy then I advise you LEAVE if you know what's good for you. P.S. All typed on Wii XD

All this talk is making me hungry.

Around the Network

Soriku, please, for the love of god, just stop posting.

For starters, the PS3 has sold an average of 300k units each month in PAL. Not to mention that the PS3 has increased sales in NA......oh god....

Why do I even bother?

If you really typed that on a Wii and arent counting GTA4 or SCIV or any multiplatform title or that matter then your the fanboy.
I would agree with you if the PS3 kept the $599 price but it wont and will be down to near $399 during Christmas and if the 40GB rumours are true then a $399 price will be there during Christmas.If you have the choice between X360 at $399 and PS3 at the same price then which one comes with more functionalities and which one with better games in 08 so the choice should be easy(hint,hint PS3).I am not a fanboy i just speaking my thoughts.If FFXIII and MGS4 sold 13million consoles i would be so shocked i would faint there good but there not that good not even Halo (i dont see what the big fuss about this game is its a standard FPS nothing special) can do those in the awhole life time of a console on its own.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

MontanaHatchet said:

For starters, the PS3 has sold an average of 300k units each month in PAL. Not to mention that the PS3 has increased sales in NA......oh god....

Why do I even bother?

Now now, what a misleading statistic! First, let me say that I agree that 5.5 million is definitely in reach for the PS3 by year's end. However, the comment about 300k units is misleading at best. Please look here:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=PS3&reg3=Total+Other&weekly=1

As you can see, the total number of PS3's sold per month right now is about 100k for the entirety of the world outside of Japan and America. The 300k a month average includes the launch window, which saw 750,000 sold in the first month! 

The "average" figure is simply used to make the PS3 look better. Clearly, post-launch window, the PS3 hasn't seen figures nearly that high.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Of course it's misleading. Obviously it had an incredible sales boost at launch, so the numbers are skewed. What do you take me for? That's why I said ON AVERAGE.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Of course it's misleading. Obviously it had an incredible sales boost at launch, so the numbers are skewed. What do you take me for? That's why I said ON AVERAGE.

I take you for... someone who is being misleading? Which apparently you openly admit to?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

MontanaHatchet said:

Why do I even bother?

That 300k average... I laugh at you! That's launcnumbers of ~600k your counting in... And then sales fell down HARD!!!... Now they are really REALLY LOW EVERYWHERE.

And for the increased sales in NA: From ~17.5k a week (Which is really bad) to ~40k first week after the price-cut isn't really good. (And your not bringing the facts with the surrounding stuff that needs to be said before someone could truly understand it's true meaning!)... Ur biased!

THE NETHERLANDS

Well, again, on average. It's entirely possible to see sales bumps and falls.

Back on topic: Soriku, stop posting. If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't say anything at all.

And you should also thank me, I'm managed to make everyone here hate me instead of you. 

LOL Bodhesatva,

@Soriku,

Lair and Warhawk ?
what about heavenly sword ? and unchartred ? GT5 prologue ?
I dont even mention multiplateform gaming GTA4/assassin creed/PES2008.
I definetely expect more than 6M for the PS3 at the end of the year.
end july : 4 M console (about)
Still 5 months to sell 2 M consoles.

Time to Work !

BBQ's good, save the Ketchup.

Yawn, I will satisfy my hunger by feeding on the heads of the foolish. You know who you are...............