By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do 12 million PS3 owners not have MGS4?

I have it...(leaves thread)

Around the Network

Why do people complain about the lenghy cutscenes in mgs and never complain about lack of cutscenes or deep storyline in other games?

DTG said:

Why do people complain about the lenghy cutscenes in mgs and never complain about lack of cutscenes or deep storyline in other games?

I don't know about lack of cutscenes, but not having a deep enough story does get criticized in many games. Gears of War comes to mind.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

MotorStorm sold a lot of copies through bundles so MGS4 is really the third best selling PS3 game which isn't bad for a game that been out less then five month.

Because MGS isnt for everyone

hell, I bought the Essentials Collection and I don't plan of finishing mgs3

it's just so.....oldschool I guess...and the gameplay just kinda gets old after a while, like hunting for snakes and frogs doesnt really add anything to the appeal

Around the Network
Cueil said:
frybread said:
Cueil said:
Giant mechs... world controlled since the 1800s by a group of select individuals and now by a computer system... everything is controlled and soldiers are injected with micro computers that regulate their ability to feel emotion... that's a bit over the top for most people... those people buy Splinter Cell instead if they buy any stealth action game.

Don't forget about the arm that possesses people.  I'm surprised this series sells as well it does for being so over the top.

what surprises me is that people actually look at this and think that this game is better than Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... Stealth Action still hasn't reached that bar... hours of crazy story can't match the increadibly griping story that is completely grounded in a possible reality that SC is.  I love me some MGS, but it takes it way to far... that arm thing... <_<  that was a bit much... I know everyone wanted Liquid back, but that was crazy.

Splinter Cell used to be close to MGS (if not equal) in quality. Then they released Double Agent and killed the series.

Don't worry, MGS4 and Chaos Theory are both in my top 10 favourite game list. MGS4 is higher, though.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Cueil said:
frybread said:
Cueil said:
Giant mechs... world controlled since the 1800s by a group of select individuals and now by a computer system... everything is controlled and soldiers are injected with micro computers that regulate their ability to feel emotion... that's a bit over the top for most people... those people buy Splinter Cell instead if they buy any stealth action game.

Don't forget about the arm that possesses people.  I'm surprised this series sells as well it does for being so over the top.

what surprises me is that people actually look at this and think that this game is better than Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... Stealth Action still hasn't reached that bar... hours of crazy story can't match the increadibly griping story that is completely grounded in a possible reality that SC is.  I love me some MGS, but it takes it way to far... that arm thing... <_<  that was a bit much... I know everyone wanted Liquid back, but that was crazy.

Splinter Cell used to be close to MGS (if not equal) in quality. Then they released Double Agent and killed the series.

Don't worry, MGS4 and Chaos Theory are both in my top 10 favourite game list. MGS4 is higher, though.

Ya I didn't care for double agent as well.

frybread said:
Cueil said:

Lol

The first MGS game I've ever played fully was MGS4. The only other one I partly played was the first one on the PS1 and I didn't finish it because I had to return the copy to the shop and basically forgot about it after the shop closed down.

And even I know why and how the arm posessed that person (no spoilers)

How?

The MGS database is on the PSN and includes all storylines and background for the game that I needed to enjoy MGS4, and if you actually watched the cutscenes and payed attention to what was going on you might have figured it out too.

But this game is not for everyone, just like flight sims aren't. so if you didn't enjoy the game, thats too bad. many others do and will continue to enjoy it.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

KylieDog said:
Spankey said:

Lol

The first MGS game I've ever played fully was MGS4. The only other one I partly played was the first one on the PS1 and I didn't finish it because I had to return the copy to the shop and basically forgot about it after the shop closed down.

And even I know why and how the arm posessed that person (no spoilers)

How?

The MGS database is on the PSN and includes all storylines and background for the game that I needed to enjoy MGS4, and if you actually watched the cutscenes and payed attention to what was going on you might have figured it out too.

But this game is not for everyone, just like flight sims aren't. so if you didn't enjoy the game, thats too bad. many others do and will continue to enjoy it.

The one that says Big Boss is a snatcher?

That database is evidence of Kojima loosing his mind.

Like I said, I haven't played much of any of the older games so I've only got that info to go on.

Perhaps that gave me an advantage in MGS4?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

KylieDog said:
Kantor said:

There was a lot more than 3 hours of gameplay, even on easy.

Nah, you can do a Big Boss emblem run in 2 hours 30 minutes, if you don't mind getting spotted or killing people you can beat the game in under 2 hours.

You can't get the Big Boss emblem on your first playthrough, and I doubt anybody is good enough to go through the entire game in two hours until, what, their tenth playthrough? And if they've kept playing that long, it says a lot about lasting appeal, doesn't it?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective