By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do 12 million PS3 owners not have MGS4?

I have MGS4, but Playstation are about variety, so people buy them to play loads of different types of games. This means it wont sell as much as a game like Halo, because x-box has less variety and the people who buy them buy them for Halo

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

Around the Network
stovo said:
I have MGS4, but Playstation are about variety, so people buy them to play loads of different types of games. This means it wont sell as much as a game like Halo, because x-box has less variety and the people who buy them buy them for Halo

Strange.

Tease.

Because we do not like 50% cutscenes and are bored by non-sensical Japanese story lines and setting. Sorry but Japanese games are always weird. MGS may even be better than most in this regard but then cutscene ratio comes again. If you do not care about the background story of MGS you will like a game with more gameplay.

Because MGS4 is over-rated. I bought it, and I haven't finished it yet. It's boring, you almost never play and the story is impossible to understand (and I played MGS1-2-3 !!!). I think it's time for kojima to let this saga down and begin something new!

Onyxmeth said:
Kantor said:
Onyxmeth said:
Kantor said:

What is it that keeps you from buying MGS4? The trailer looks incredible, it has a Gamespot and IGN 10/10, an IGN UK 9.9/10 and an IGN AU 9.5/10, a metascore of 94 and ONLINE!

It's somewhat creepy that more PS3 owners currently own an average racer (MotorStorm) than one of the best games of this gen (MGS4)

I'm not expecting everybody with a PS3 to own it, but is half the audience really that far fetched? 7 million people?

So again, for people who don't own it, what keeps you from buying MGS4?

This site is a perfect place for you to learn, because you don't seem to have the feintest idea about demographics, attach ratios, sales trends, personal tastes, and frankly you don't seem to be very aware of the kind of game Metal Gear Solid is.

okay, 7 million people is extremely far fetched, I'll admit. I know MGS is an acquired taste. Many people do not have that taste. But even 5 million would be respectable. I know it's not happening. I know nothing could have made it happen. I'm just saying that more people deserve to play this game.

More people "deserve" to play a lot of games. So what? Why even make such born yesterday questions if you're aware of how far fetched they are? This is a sales site, not gamespot. We have tools at our disposal here that make sure we never have to ask such simple to answer questions so we can delve into the tougher material. Spend a day in the Sales Discussion to get educated on this, because your entire mindset on this is so extremely naive that I'm questioning whether the whole topic is satire.

I was exaggerating a little. The number was irrelevant to my question.

I say my question's been answered pretty well. MGS will never have the appeal of Halo or GTA. Or MotorStorm.

To each his own I guess. And numbers cannot answer a question about people's opinions. I genuinely wanted to hear why people did not like the game, because even when I like a game, I want to know why other people don't.

Well, hopefully there will be a game we can all agree on the excellence of at some point (Resistance 2 anyone?)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

My mate a PS3 owner just cant stand the series....

He is very much a pick up and play for 30 mins then stop gamer.

I cant remember him enjoying any "epic" games.

Doubt he is the only one.

Coincidentally he is a MotorStorm owner but only because he owned from launch and the choice of games at launch was pretty poor.

i asked my younger brother and he said "because snake is old..................... but he eventualy bought it.

3. They all bought used copies?

2. Snake's "Chuck Norris like" moustche is too intimidating?

1. It's the 4th installment of a 10 year series (20 years if you coun't the Nes, Msx, etc. titles.). It's not really noob friendly.

- Because they want to play a game rather than watch cut scenes
- Because they bought PS3 as a blu ray player not a games console
- Because they are not interested in Metal Gear or any other sneaking around game
-Because they went bankrupt after paying $600 for a console

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Kantor said:

I was exaggerating a little. The number was irrelevant to my question.

I say my question's been answered pretty well. MGS will never have the appeal of Halo or GTA. Or MotorStorm.

Motorstorm just had longer time to sell and it was bundled for about 1 year, MGS4 will eventualy beat it in sales

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434