By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

I have been playing quite a lot of PES 2009 recently, and it is incredibly infuriating!!!

Many elements of the game seem broken, defenders very easily move out of place allowing a massive gap in your defence for the opposition strikers to run through. However, the goal keepers seem to be incredible, and it is nearly impossible to score against them.

However, the main problem is that the controls are often unresponsive and one of the key things, the player changing rarely seems to work right, passing is dodgy and the through balls are quite often just completely rubbish and rarely go where you want them to. They have fixed the lofted through balls, but only to the extent that 1/20 works.

Another fundamental flaw is that the AI sometimes takes control. This is good when it clears the ball automatically for you, but it often does it when I dont want it to, and after a few days of play, it has given away many penalties, and several red cards without me doing anything!!!!

What is good is that champions league mode, but I wanted to know is whether it has the playstation and sony advertising in the Xbox version?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

I have been playing quite a lot of PES 2009 recently, and it is incredibly infuriating!!!

Many elements of the game seem broken, defenders very easily move out of place allowing a massive gap in your defence for the opposition strikers to run through. However, the goal keepers seem to be incredible, and it is nearly impossible to score against them.

However, the main problem is that the controls are often unresponsive and one of the key things, the player changing rarely seems to work right, passing is dodgy and the through balls are quite often just completely rubbish and rarely go where you want them to. They have fixed the lofted through balls, but only to the extent that 1/20 works.

Another fundamental flaw is that the AI sometimes takes control. This is good when it clears the ball automatically for you, but it often does it when I dont want it to, and after a few days of play, it has given away many penalties, and several red cards without me doing anything!!!!

What is good is that champions league mode, but I wanted to know is whether it has the playstation and sony advertising in the Xbox version?

this has always been a problem in PES i can't believe they haven't fixed it yet

what about the short footballers , are they still hard to stop??

sorry i'm no help for u since i don't own the game :)

I doubt it.

There are still loads of problems that have been around for a while, such as you cannot direct your goalies drop kick

Well Messi is a great runner as are many others but it is soooooo easy to stop most defenders because they take really heavy touches. I must admit that is not a flaw rather than a different gameplay design when compared to the faster paced 2008

I'm very dissapointed with that game. I heard from some reviews there very huge improvements over the last game (which was almost undoubtful the worst in the series).
Not only that it hasn't any improvements at all, it's even worse. Konami you suck. Every single Pro Evolution Soccer from 1 to 6 was brilliant. Why can't you make a good next gen football game ?

@ your Champions League question:
To be honest I haven't paid attention to any advertisement in the game, because I was so shocked about the gameplay.

and by the way the menus are HORRIBLE !!!!

Around the Network

Me and a friend bought both FIFA & PES last friday for his PS3.. just to test them both.. We started with playing PES... but we ended up playing FIFA.. After all those years of playing PES.. from ISS Pro Evolution on the ps1 untill.. yesterday.. we switched... This years PES really is worse then FIFA.. It just doesn't feel right this years game... (well actually it doesn't really felt right since PES 4)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Barozi said:
I'm very dissapointed with that game. I heard from some reviews there very huge improvements over the last game (which was almost undoubtful the worst in the series).
Not only that it hasn't any improvements at all, it's even worse
. Konami you suck. Every single Pro Evolution Soccer from 1 to 6 was brilliant. Why can't you make a good next gen football game ?

@ your Champions League question:
To be honest I haven't paid attention to any advertisement in the game, because I was so shocked about the gameplay.

I haven't played any PES versions on HD consoles so I can't comment on the games on PS3/360, but after having played the PES 2008 and FIFA 09 versions for Wii I have the feeling that most reviewers tend more and more to lie about improvements over past iterations of both series ("PES now perfect on HD consoles!", "FIFA on par and partly even betta this year than PES!"). Lies.

Despite many reviewers and Wii fans claiming it, PES 2008 on Wii wasn't sensational or even any better than - say - PES4 on Xbox/PS2 imo. FIFA 09 on Wii is just as mediocre as most other FIFA games I played before. FIFA still isn't nothing near the gameplay quality of a PES game and PES itself doesn't improve. Maybe it's just me and I should not hope for better versions but just return to PES4 and FIFA 95. Or Sensible Soccer...

okr said:

I haven't played any PES versions on HD consoles so I can't comment on the games on PS3/360, but after having played the PES 2008 and FIFA 09 versions for Wii I have the feeling that most reviewers tend more and more to lie about improvements over past iterations of both series ("PES now perfect on HD consoles!", "FIFA on par and partly even betta this year than PES!"). Lies.

Despite many reviewers and Wii fans claiming it, PES 2008 on Wii wasn't sensational or even any better than - say - PES4 on Xbox/PS2 imo. FIFA 09 on Wii is just as mediocre as most other FIFA games I played before. FIFA still isn't nothing near the gameplay quality of a PES game and PES itself doesn't improve. Maybe it's just me and I should not hope for better versions but just return to PES4 and FIFA 95. Or Sensible Soccer...

Wow. You are entitled to your opinion and all, but do not tell others their opinion is wrong without giving us some facts. PES 2008 on Wii is the best sports game I have ever played. And I have been playing sports games since before there was a, "Madden" football game. My opinion is my own, and you are entitled to your own, but do not try to tell anybody that PES 2008 on Wii is not any better without giving any reasons (at least show where you are headed because as of right now, I am having a hard time believeing you spent any serious time with the game) at the very least.

As far as I am concerned, there is no going back after playing PES 2008. It is a very refreshing take on sports games as a whole and has at least tried to innovate user interface; which is an integral role in game play mechanics. As for Fifa 2009, I have yet to play it so I have no opinion on it.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

That's why I said "imo", Ghaude. It's just my opinion about PES and FIFA on Wii and about fans and reviewers generally exaggerating the improvements, but I don't want to derail Munkeh's thread any further and turn this into a FIFA vs. PES discussion as he wants to discuss PES 2009 on HD consoles in the first place.

is the network play laggy as PES08?

F.U. Fun University.