By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP v Wii Music The Creativity Wars!

Wii Music has way too much negative hype in my opinion to be a huge seller. Obviously won't repeat such sales as Wii Play and Wii Fit who had lots of hype. Although the brand will sell the title and I'm thinking after release it'll have more positive reception to help sales. So Wii Music is probably looking at about 5 million in its lifetime.

LBP on the other hand is the exact opposite. It has loads of positive hype and lots of advertising. However it doesn't have the benefit of a huge brand like Wii Music nor is it guaranteed to catch on. My guesses for LBP is about 3-4 million in its lifetime.

Now it seems I'm suggesting that Wii Music will come out the victor when it comes to sales but I'm not guaranteeing that. But LBP still does have a chance.

Personal note both titles I feel about the same. They are both interesting concepts but I"m trying to wonder will I have time to spend all that time in creation. I really like to enter games that just startup and go and unfortunately that doesn't mean 50 single player levels in LBP or a set list of songs in Wii Music doesn't warrant the purchase.

Around the Network

Damn, i think i'll get wii music, and if i had a ps3 i wouldnt get LBP. I dont see the greatness in these titles. They are both freash ideas, and both look like good games, but not great like people....suggest they are; at least in MY opinion.

The thing is that...some people are just plain stupid towards wii music, saying this and that w/o even playing it; i know, stupid. But w/e... i believe they will sell similarly, but wii music will take the win at the end. Still, i dont expect great sales for it

leo-j said:
Wii music will sell better, because its wii music.

LBP is a amazing AAA game possibly the best AAA exclusive on the PS3 when its all set and done, but wii music will outsell it. Why? Because it says wii on it.

This boy speaks the truth.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Incandescence said:
leo-j said:

LBP is a amazing AAA game possibly the best AAA exclusive on the PS3 when its all set and done, but wii music will outsell it. Why? Because it says wii on it.

Am with Leo and the Nice Lady.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Incandescence said:
leo-j said:

I'm with these three nice people.

Around the Network

Wii music will sell more, but probably the user content of LBP will be way better

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Wii Music. It's on Wii. There is a bigger audience, and despite the fact that it will suck, it is the average Wii owner's cup of tea. LBP is a great idea, probably a much better game, but due do the smaller audience and general tastes of PS3 owners, probably won't cross 5 million.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

mike_intellivision said:
Wii Music

Name recognition. Larger install base. Head start of 2-3 weeks. No negative publicity about having to be recalled. And some good PR from reviewers who get it (in other words, anyone not named Matt from IGN so far).

LBP is a great game. But given Sony's current status and luck, it won't outsell Wii Music, regardless of it being a better game.

Mike from Morgantown

And some bad PR from reviewers who (supposedly) didn't get it...

first week, LBP... Wiimusic will sell over 5 million ltd.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

CGI-Quality said:
Xen said:
Dgc1808 said:
Incandescence said:
leo-j said:

I'm with these three nice people.

And I'm with ALL of these awesome people!!!

I think I could agree with these losers :D

somebody had to break it....