By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will There Ever Be Another "Starcraft"

yeah that's why I want my sig back...

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Rath said:
The only reason certain other games aren't doing the same thing is because the came out on consoles and shops stop selling games for old consoles while they keep selling old pc games.

I imagine that Ocarina of Time and FF7 would probably both be pulling decent numbers if they were PC games.

No... because FF7 was indeed a PC game.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
Rath said:
The only reason certain other games aren't doing the same thing is because the came out on consoles and shops stop selling games for old consoles while they keep selling old pc games.

I imagine that Ocarina of Time and FF7 would probably both be pulling decent numbers if they were PC games.

No... because FF7 was indeed a PC game.

Also FF7 is being sold in some stores as greatest hit title.

Being sold as a greatest hits title is not the same. Starcrafts battlechest is still for sale for hecks sake!

All Blizzard games are really great legs. Just look at wow, starcraft 2 and diable 3 will continue this trend. BTW I still have both games installed on my mac.

Yea console games will never have the same legs, but you could say that virtual console shows that there is still tons of demand for older games. Still they wouldn't all be charting in the top 10 after 10 years.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

i hope not the one we have its annoying enough :P,

but as legs, only blizzard games manage to do that, i don't think starcraft 2 will have the same effect in legs.

We already have: Gebx, Mrstickball etc.

^ rofl

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Counter-Strike

StarcraftII will have huge initial sales, but i wouldn't be surprised if Starcraft I is still in the top 20 when Starcraft II drops out of it.

Starcraft I was such a classic, genre defining game

Starcraft II isn't