By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider Underworld Looks as Good as Uncharted?

SaviorX said:
leo-j said:
Are you kidding me?

This game looks like utter crap compared to Uncharted..

Wow. After such advancements in gaming, we have become very spoiled. Four years ago, you wouldn't be caught dead saying things like this. The screenshots posted above look like the FMV sequences from PS1 games of the past. Things I liked to call "movie mode" as a kid.

Yea dude, but Uncharted does look almost "significantly" better than what has been posted.

mM
Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Wow. I guess I'm alone in this one..........

But the game should at least satisfy Uncharted fans while we wait for the sequel. I guess I'm the only one that felt Tomb Raider Legend was in Uncharted 1's league as far as gameplay?

I haven't played uncharted, but I think TLR was a great game, same with anniversary,

other wise Tomb Raider Underworld looks great, but I think uncharted looks better, though a screens of similar setting would work for a better comparison

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leo-j said:
SaviorX said:
leo-j said:
Are you kidding me?

This game looks like utter crap compared to Uncharted..

Wow. After such advancements in gaming, we have become very spoiled. Four years ago, you wouldn't be caught dead saying things like this. The screenshots posted above look like the FMV sequences from PS1 games of the past. Things I liked to call "movie mode" as a kid.

Yea dude, but Uncharted does look almost "significantly" better than what has been posted.

Well, it wasn't really aimed at you leo-j, but it was said in a general sense. Look how far we've come. Uncharted is probably better though, so I wasn't disagreeing with you on that part. 

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

d21lewis said:

But the game should at least satisfy Uncharted fans while we wait for the sequel. I guess I'm the only one that felt Tomb Raider Legend was in Uncharted 1's league as far as gameplay?

Well Legend gameplay was good but I found Uncharted gameplay more fun and better...If you are not talking about visuals then yes it is possible that TRU and Uncharted will be equal in gameplay.

d21lewis said:

I enjoyed Tomb Raider Legend's gameplay more than the hour I spent with Uncharted. In that case I think Underworld will be a superior game. Uncharted looks better though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Lol. Not better at all.

I'm sorry, did someone just compare another game to Uncharted!!!! It looks better, just look at the water in chapter 4.... I'll be playing it again tommorow!

Uncharted is basically a clone of the early Tomb Raiders, its graphics are good, but it hardly changed the gameplay.

No I don't think so, a Tomb Raider developer a while ago referred to Uncharted as being heavily PS3 optimised with regard to its graphics, this while stating Underworld is a 360 lead project and the game's assets and the general game engine (while using PS3 friendly coding methods, which lead to 360/PC speed benefits as well) are designed around the 360's strongpoints and abilities.

Although Uncharted covers the same genre (Indiana Jones inspired action-adventure), I think it's very different from any Tomb Raider game.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

i remember playing TR on psone , walking around asking my self : what the hell is going on