By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is paying $50 or less year for xbox live really that big of a deal??

seece said:
Its mainly sony fanboys who Bit** about it! Its really not that much and despite what some people may think it is the superior service.

I'm a Sony fan and I have no problem with the idea of paying 50 bucks, but you said "mainly", so I'll go with it.

Around the Network

Yes, it's a big deal, because if it was free like every other online service, that would mean one more game a year.

I am not a Sony fan, I don't own a PS3 but I own a 360 and I think 50$/year is ridiculously overpriced for the service. In 5-6 years, people will have paid as much for playing online as their 360. Because of that, I use my Wii online way more often than my 360. I'm sure the PSN is the best online experience you get for your money.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

PC, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS = free online gaming
XBox 360 = 50/year

$50 is not a lot. I would just rather not give money for something that everyone else has for free.

Its an insane idea to pay to play online when its free everywhere else. And the cards cost $80 in PaL regions, and $60 in Canada. Once you add in local taxes it's pretty expensive to just play online, and when you consider that you will own the system for 6 years its a lot of cash on top of your normal gaming spending.

Around the Network

It isn't a big deal, but sony fanboys need something to whine about :/

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

you know you can just stick with silver which is free and when the big guns do arrive they usually throw in a 1 month of gold for free .. just play that to death and then go back to to silver.

Yes it is a big deal because it effectively doubles the cost of the system. If you paid $300 for the system you would pay the same amount in fees after 5-6 years of live subscriptions. That money would be better spent on more games or even an extra console.

I don't even have an xbox right now and I'm paying for the service. I have no job and am in college. I like it that much that I don't care at all.

Didn't the fee go down by another 10 bucks? Did I read a thread about that a while back?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Say you have your Xbox for 5 years, you really want to pay $250 for online? Could use that $250 on 4 or 5 games, accessories or something entirely non game related.

Answer this question, should you really have to pay for XBL? I mean Sony can pull of the PSN free of charge, and MS has way more money, why can't they do the same?