By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is paying $50 or less year for xbox live really that big of a deal??

i am sorry bit when the ps3 and the Wii do it for free then why should i have to pay for xbox's, whats so special about xbox live that i cant do on psn???????

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

I'm not a big online gamer to begin with. I really wouldn't want to pay for it when I can get it for free on my Wii, PS3 and PC.

Phendrana said:
I'm not a big online gamer to begin with. I really wouldn't want to pay for it when I can get it for free on my Wii, PS3 and PC.

Good point. Maybe for a hardcore gamer the $50 a year is nothing, but what about the people who only get a chance to play once or twice a week, perhaps less, do they want to pay $50 a year for something they'll hardly use?

It all depends on your usage of Live.

If the 360 is you primary platform and you play online a lot, $50 is not a big deal.

If the 360 is a secondary or 3rd console, or you occasionally want to play online with friends, you are not getting the same value as the hardcore 360 player.

It makes total sense that you, the hardcore 360 user, does not care about the fee, but realize that people who only play the 360 online occasionally will not get the same value out of it for the same price you are paying.

I cool with it.

Around the Network

One year of Runescape - about $65.

One, single game. More expensive.

You tell me.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Worth every single penny just for these two things

1)Every game has voice chat that actually works, and people actually use it.
2)Every game has friends list support/invites, and Cross game invites

If the PS3 had this stuff actually functioning properly, I would pay $50 a year for PSN also, as I have said since it launched. I have been in a ton of Warhawk games where there is no chat, MLB the Show 08's voice chat didn't work from the start, and not being able to invite people in your Wipeout match from your friends list is a joke. These are basic things which should work

if you search around you should never pay more then $35 or so for live a year which is $2.91 a month. That's a starbucks coffee

One of the BEST feature IMO about Xbox Live is that its 99% cheat/hack free. Being able to hack or cheat in a game and getting caught gets the account/Xbox banned.

Having developers like Bungie working with MS and hunting down and banning cheaters keeps things balanced and fair...

That's something I have no issue paying for!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@chapset
everytime im scrolling through the posts i hafe to pause and admire your sig.

Yeh but its normal to pay for MMOs subscription fee. Hell, they even made Live free on the PC lol. If the PSN and Wii can give you free online play, there is no reason why MS can't let you play on Live for free. Silver is free, why can't gold be, its not that much more really. Also Live is double the price in Australia as it is in the U.S.

I like to play online sometimes when I feel up for it, it sucks that i can't do that on the 360. So with multiplat games, I'd go for the PS3 version.

I actually don't think its alot to pay for, but that is besides the point. It should be free! I don't like giving money away lol.