By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

ZenfoldorVGI said:
xman said:
9 days is not bad, plus its getting more press which is a good thing

While I agree that more press is a good thing, I think it's very hard to argue that this won't have a negative effect on week 1 sales.

While I also agree that more press is a good thing, I think it's very hard to argue that this will have a negative effect on week 1 sales.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

LBP delay is smart propaganda
---------------------------------------------------------------

what can they do in one week too fix the issue?

the delayed release is just giving it mega attention.

respect Sony smart move

EDIT : profit of huge propaganda > few days delay

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i know why sony did this ... they afraid their products will not be sell anymore in the islamic countries ... iam muslim and i live in islamic country .. u remember the time when a newspaper from denmark draw profit. mohamed . all the shops here remove all the denmark products from their shelves and not even a single prodcuct sold that time & until now most of the muslims dont buy products from denmark .... sony afraid that the same thing will happend to them if they dont recall the game.

NNN2004 said:
i know why sony did this ... they afraid their products will not be sell anymore in the islamic countries ... iam muslim and i live in islamic country .. u remember the time when a newspaper from denmark draw profit. mohamed . all the shops here remove all the denmark products from their shelves and not even a single prodcuct sold that time & until now most of the muslims dont buy products from denmark .... sony afraid that the same thing will happend to them if they dont recall the game.

mwah, can those people even afford sony products?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

libellule said:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/17/listen-to-the-controversial-littlebigplanet-song-tapha-niang/

Like many of you, we're wondering if Sony's response to the song "Tapha Niang," included in the LittleBigPlanet soundtrack is a little harsh. Toumani Diabaté and the Symmetric Orchestra is known for combining the traditional music of Mali with other internation styles, like jazz, blues and flamenco. The international sound would be appropraite for a game like LittleBigPlanet, which takes players on a virtual journey around the globe. Diabaté won a Grammy award in 2006, the same year "Tapha Niang" was released.

His MySpace page has the entire song available to listen to, and amazon.com has a DRM-free version available to purchase. (iTunes users can listen to/purchase the song here.) It's surprising that a song, which has been available for over two years, is only now receiving controversial attention for its inclusion in Sony's blockbuster PS3 game. Perhaps if Sony didn't delay this game, this matter wouldn't have exploded to such incredible proportions?

It's also somewhat comical to note that the artist is both a Grammy award winning artist and himself a devout MUSLIM with his own private prayer room next to his office.  Oh well such is life.  Glad the delay isn't as long as previously announced.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
kirby007 said:
NNN2004 said:

Ever heard about Countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia etc?

Staude said:

I don't know who called them crasy, but there are several factors as to why the other thread exploded.

1. Alot of people were expecting 2-4 weeks delay which is a lot. Especially because of a point i'll make below.

2. People are really looking forward to the game and with (expected) almost a months ekstra wait, i can understand why some people get frustrated.

3. A lot of people are tired of complaining that directly or indirectly has an effect on them. They are tired of minor things being blown way out of proportions and probably also tired of the way the world governments are currently headed.

What we saw in the other thread was a combination of the three points above.

I too am pissed.. not so much now that i know how small the delay is, but that i can't enjoy the game at the time of it's release because someone found 2 small sentences offensive. Atleast here in my country we don't find many things offensively, but when we are affected by other people who get offended over (what we concider) nothing, then we have a tendency to get pissed :p I guess it's natural, the world might have gotten smaller, but the cultural differences are still huge.

Yeah, I know what you mean and understand where you're coming from, I was expecting a november 14 delay actually...
I'm just glad the delay isn't that long.

And I also know what you mean about the cultural differences.
Some cultures using eye contact when talking is rude and disrespectful.
In some cultures, not using eye contact when talking is rude and disrespectful...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Ah well at least i have time to play some fable 2 :P

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

konnichiwa said:
kirby007 said:
NNN2004 said:

Ever heard about Countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia etc?

no

Yeah Dubai which is in Saudi Arabia happends to be one of the richest citys.