By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

NNN2004 said:
i know why sony did this ... they afraid their products will not be sell anymore in the islamic countries ... iam muslim and i live in islamic country .. u remember the time when a newspaper from denmark draw profit. mohamed . all the shops here remove all the denmark products from their shelves and not even a single prodcuct sold that time & until now most of the muslims dont buy products from denmark .... sony afraid that the same thing will happend to them if they dont recall the game.

Yes, it was blown completely out of proportions.. but actually the goods does sell again, although you might argue not as well as before.

I think what sony fears are the other things that happened. Where the danish people got threatened with death and that they should all die. They... and i quote "wanted to trial the people who made the drawings and then decapitate them," (yes fair trial there) they were burning danish flags, saying all kind of shit about wanting to bomb denmark etc.

Worst part is that they actually only made some of the pictures, the rest were used by extremist to further their cause. Another thing is that the guys who made the drawings even today fear for their lives..

What was done, not by them, but by extremists were what really should have caused an oproar.

Oh yeah.. and the only reason the pictures were made in the first place was because someone had madea book about muhammed (not an offensive book, but a book about his life, for children) and he wanted someone to make drawings to accompany the text, but when he tried, people were afraid to do so, which is why the newspaper decided to gather up some people and make those satirical drawings to show that there was no reason for people not to make the drawings for his book.

It also took between 4-6 months before anyone got offended. Thats a long time. Sort of like in this case i guess..

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

It helps if you are a Muslim but not a Christian.

Dean demanded withdrawal of Resistance: Fall of Man, Sony refused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7030576.stm

One week delay in America is not bad, hopefully EU and Japan get the game on the same date.

OT: you guys should pick up Socom, trust me once the servers are working you wont be disoppointed.

Tbone said:
Euphoria14 said:
I hate Gamecrazy.

They called me just now to tell me know they are having a midnight launch on Oct. 20th.

I know damn well I am goin got be getting another call from them either today or this weekend telling me about the delay.

So u will be getting ur copy after all.

Not when they call me again.

If Sony issued a WW recall then I am sure Gamecrazy HQ will eventually get the memo. When I went to this store the clerks for one didn't know if the game was coming with the Pouch and two, they didn't even know what it was. He replied to me that day with "I guess you know this stuff more than I do."

I am awaiting my call, if not... then great!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NNN2004 said:
i know why sony did this ... they afraid their products will not be sell anymore in the islamic countries ... iam muslim and i live in islamic country .. u remember the time when a newspaper from denmark draw profit. mohamed . all the shops here remove all the denmark products from their shelves and not even a single prodcuct sold that time & until now most of the muslims dont buy products from denmark .... sony afraid that the same thing will happend to them if they dont recall the game.

the situation is waaaaaaay different here

sony didn't do it in purpose and they didn't know that this is offinsive

i can't blame them for not knowing Islam

sony just didn't want to get in any trouble later when the game is released

Around the Network

What the fuck is this bullshit? I don't remember Sony doing this when the Church of England attacked Resistance: Fall of Man.

Edit: Beaten by minutes.

why?

I don't care if its delayed haha. Its 9 days and it won't kill me. Good thing is it won't have to sell the same week with Fable 2. OH YEAH! I mean... wait.... thats a good thing right?

At least Bioshock comes out next week, so then you can find another game to play until then.

Hopefully there will be a prediction league when LBP releases.

Whatever Zen.

We won't know how this will or won't be effected as we don't know what 1st week sales would have been.

Pre-order money won't be returned for a six day delay. That'd be stupid.