By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN Betrays MS! *SHOCK*

Most of them are plain out stupid reasons and ...

"2. Xbox 360 is Getting Its Ass Kicked.
It's tough to admit that an initiative has failed but it's high time that Microsoft bit the bullet and come out and say that the Arcade SKU has been discontinued. It's not working. The Xbox 360 is consistently getting beat by the Wii and PS3 despite the cost-competitive Arcade SKU looming off to the side. It's time to reinvigorate the 360 marketing strategy with something of a slightly higher quality."

Dont know where this guy has been 360 is doing its job of staying ahead of PS3 sales wise week by week,and the arcade version is for casual gamers DUH!

Thats why it has MOST of the features of the Wii,while being cheaper.

Oh wait this is good,they named crappy reasons so that means VERY LITTLE IS WRONG WITH 360 ARCADE,Now its clear they had to NIT pick with the 360 and make stupid reasons that dont even affect the system.

Around the Network

The real reasons the kids will hate you for the 360 is it can't play little big Planet. For that matter anyone should hate getting a 360 if they don't have a PS3 due to lack of Little Big Planet.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

9. No Chrome!

No chrome trim -- no sales!

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I'm surprised OP hasn't been banned yet, 265 posts in and not a single constructive comment yet.

You do realise that IGN isn't funded by Microsoft right? There is a reason why shovelware on the 360 gets scored 2.5 and AAA titles get scored 9 or higher.

Just because they state facts about certain multiplatform games being worse on the PS3 (and they do the opposite when true aswell, check out the DMC4 review) doesn't make them fanboys. If they give a score lower than expected for a game, because they feel it doesn't deserve it, this doesn't make them fanboys.

Just because most gaming media seem to "support" the 360 is because it does have the best core games library on the market and it is highly affordable. That's the same reason they backed the PS2 last gen, because it's giving gamers what we want at a reasonable price.

Don't hate just because the other two consoles don't do that as well as the 360 does it.

Cueil said:
haha he got called a douche by several people... I think some kids may be mildly dissappointed they got the Arcade, but this asshate calls Uno a crappy game... that makes him a douche in my book

What he said!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
9. No Chrome!

No chrome trim -- no sales!

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!XD

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

Sadly it's only the Arcade sku they're talking about. In my Eye it's good for a replacement if you have your HDD and Cables from you previous console. That's if you shipping and stuff will cost more to send to MS [if your out of warranty, or lost the reciept]... and then there is the wait.....

You don't need a reciept, and there are ways around the 1 year warranty in this climate.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Dgc1808 said:

Sadly it's only the Arcade sku they're talking about. In my Eye it's good for a replacement if you have your HDD and Cables from you previous console. That's if you shipping and stuff will cost more to send to MS [if your out of warranty, or lost the reciept]... and then there is the wait.....

You don't need a reciept, and there are ways around the 1 year warranty in this climate.

My mistake. I don't follow 360 info that much. I just posted on what I knew, or atleast what I thought I knew....

4 ≈ One

The "they just support it" comment isn't 100% true. Ever since the Xbox MS has been money hatting heavily at both retail locations (I remember a solid year where everyone at gamestop wore ask me about the 360 placards around their necks among other things) and in media. That isn't to say that they are given HUGE deals (like getting 2.0 games rated as an 8) but they are given the benefit of the doubt more often then not because of the immense spending Microsoft does. Microsoft pays for a lot more of the attention it gets then most people seem to think. That is true not just in consoles but in almost everything else (Apple had a laptop release event and it was front page news and a national story a lot of places, when is the last time you saw fanfare over a Windows laptop rollout unless MS pays for it).

Some, like Apple, Nintendo and Sony get free press and recommendations, and some, like Microsoft, get paid press and recommendations.

Yes MS probably pays less for advertising in places like gamestop now since its more established in games (and the 360 sucks a little less then the orig xbox did) but the money hatting is still most definitely there in force.

Unfortunately all the money hatting in the world doesn't make the arcade anything more then a 3rd rate product. I mean I think the 360 in general is pretty badly made, but the Arcade is just a new low in quality. I would say the arcade is the sorriest package in the NES and later era, its just really bad in functionality and cheap construction. This fooling some parents into buying a bargain basement SKU that only looks like a good deal if you don't know how to read the fine print is just sad. The low end model should be the premium with reduced hard drive space and no included HDMI cord, that is low enough.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Some of these are stupid. But an HD console with no HD cables=fail. But not a fail as big as no full XBL experience, which is the only thing I see the XBOX better than the PS3 in.