By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 10/6 - 10/12 "Low week overall"

mrstickball said:
To be fair, noname, Vesperia has been in the Top 50 since it debuted 2 months ago. No 360 game has ever got close to that. I have a feeling that when MC/Famitsu numbers come out for EOY 2008, it'll look pretty good - Just like Blue Dragon did.

Perhaps you're right, but considering how the Tales series' main sales have come from Japan, and that it's only doing alright in the West, it's certainly not getting the sales it deserves. Mind you, the exclusivity money probably means Namco doesn't mind too much...

Around the Network

@prosugno
Thanks, I edit the OP

noname2200 said:
mrstickball said:
To be fair, noname, Vesperia has been in the Top 50 since it debuted 2 months ago. No 360 game has ever got close to that. I have a feeling that when MC/Famitsu numbers come out for EOY 2008, it'll look pretty good - Just like Blue Dragon did.

Perhaps you're right, but considering how the Tales series' main sales have come from Japan, and that it's only doing alright in the West, it's certainly not getting the sales it deserves. Mind you, the exclusivity money probably means Namco doesn't mind too much...

i'm sure namco was expecting the kind of sales that it got and were probably compensated for it, although it's a bit dissapointing for flagship game. The more games like this that come to the 360 though, the less MS will have to pay each time.  Eventually they may not have to pay anything, or at least for multi-plat jrpgs.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

shams said:
PS3 down to 5k levels, who would have guessed.. :P

How low can it go, before bouncing back up?

New PSP next week, and new DS in 2 weeks...

It will go down probably next week aswell.  The week thereafter the new PS3 bundle launch and I espect a boost in sales;

You know the 360 and PS3 have seemingly switched spots... and why are people still buying the PS2?

Around the Network

Because its cheap and it has tons of great games :) Pluse replacement units :P

Cant wait to see next week what the PSP3000 will do for sales :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

leo-j said:
What a huge difference a generation makes.

Last gen it was all about the playstation, this gen they struggle to keep up with the Wii alone..

what a huge difference a year makes

Last year it was about PS3 vs GBA

this year its PS3 vs 360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey