By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 AAA games

leo-j said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
rofl my waffles, wait till White Knight Story cums, you'll see the true meaning of "AAA" you pancakes. :D

This is when proper spelling comes in handy.

I was just joking, that was a pun and clearly you didnt get it.

maybe because he is a mod?

So...mods are stuck ups on VGCharts? Naw that cant be...Makingmusic is a pretty cool guy so it must just be Ony. :P

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
rofl my waffles, wait till White Knight Story cums, you'll see the true meaning of "AAA" you pancakes. :D

This is when proper spelling comes in handy.

LOL

What were you thinking, Seraphic?

Lulz see atleast someone got it/// :D

I'm confused. I didn't get it but Xen got it, even though I'm the one that pointed it out to him? What exactly am I missing here about the pun that I obviously picked up on since I bolded it?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

nice.

4 ≈ One

Onyxmeth said:

While I don't personally judge evey game as quality just because Metacritic aveages them that way, it's still a great thing for PS3 owners. The PS3 is finally coming into it's own with a seperate identity from the 360. I'm just waiting to get the money for it myself and i'll be joining in. I have much anticipation to play Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm 2 and Disgaea 3.

me 2, i also dont think an aggregated score gives you an idea of how good a game is.

to me an AAA game is a major release from a developer that fans and gamers love playing thats what an AAA is.

you mentioned Disgaea 3, well i couldnt wait till january and i got the usa version, comes with a free soundtrack cd:)

in a nutshell its a brilliant game i dunno how i missed these during ps2 era, the classroom votes are especially funny as whenever i try to get a vote for extra perks the vote always gets rejected

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Onyxmeth said:

While I don't personally judge evey game as quality just because Metacritic aveages them that way, it's still a great thing for PS3 owners. The PS3 is finally coming into it's own with a seperate identity from the 360. I'm just waiting to get the money for it myself and i'll be joining in. I have much anticipation to play Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm 2 and Disgaea 3.

me 2, i also dont think an aggregated score gives you an idea of how good a game is.

to me an AAA game is a major release from a developer that fans and gamers love playing thats what an AAA is.

you mentioned Disgaea 3, well i couldnt wait till january and i got the usa version, comes with a free soundtrack cd:)

in a nutshell its a brilliant game i dunno how i missed these during ps2 era, the classroom votes are especially funny as whenever i try to get a vote for extra perks the vote always gets rejected

I have a really good strategy from the first game that might work in this case. I'm assuming the classroom is like the assembly from the first game, where you get laws passed, like better items in the shop, your player moving more spaces per turn, etc.

Get the most powerful creatures on your side. Bribe them the most and make sure they say "Yes" to your vote. Then if your vote fails, you take the fight to the rest. Here's how you win. Every "yes" voter will not attack you once the fight starts. They will stand still unless attacked by you. Pick up the enemies that will attack you and throw them into a "Yes" voting idle creature that has a more powerful level. As long as the idle creature is a higher level than the creature you throw into it, the idle creature takes over both creature's levels, but stays idle and a "yes" voter. Repeat this for every enemy and you'll win the vote by force without breaking much of a sweat.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Onyxmeth said:

I have a really good strategy from the first game that might work in this case. I'm assuming the classroom is like the assembly from the first game, where you get laws passed, like better items in the shop, your player moving more spaces per turn, etc.

Get the most powerful creatures on your side. Bribe them the most and make sure they say "Yes" to your vote. Then if your vote fails, you take the fight to the rest. Here's how you win. Every "yes" voter will not attack you once the fight starts. They will stand still unless attacked by you. Pick up the enemies that will attack you and throw them into a "Yes" voting idle creature that has a more powerful level. As long as the idle creature is a higher level than the creature you throw into it, the idle creature takes over both creature's levels, but stays idle and a "yes" voter. Repeat this for every enemy and you'll win the vote by force without breaking much of a sweat.

Fucking genious. How did I neer think to try this?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:

Onyxmeth said:

Fucking genious. How did I neer think to try this?

Because I'm smarter and you're going to lose one day to me in Bleach: the Dark Souls.

This was a life saver for me in Disgaea because otherwise it's too hard to work with the assembly unless you spend a small fortune on good weapons and items to give up and you still barely ever get a passing vote.

Imo, the AAA games are/soon will be Uncharted, Rachet and Clank future, MGS4, Disgaea 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Burnout Paradise, CoD4, Bioshock, Resistance 1 and 2, GT5 will be, Little Big Planet, Valkeryia Chronicles.

PS3 has a good library, better than the Wii's. However, the fact that roughly 80% of its good games (not necessarily AAA games- good games like GTA4, DMC4, SC4 ect) are multiplat with 360 hurts it libraries power, thus making it have the weakest library.

If you are only getting 1 console though and also have a PSP/are a sony fan/have an HDTV and really want BD, PS3 is the way to go. Though imo BD is too expenive right now. I would never pay $35 for any movie except The Dark Knight.

Gnizmo said:
While I normally don't care about Metacritic I did find one thing funny on their site. LBP has a whole of 6.0 from reader reviews with 1700+ people voting. The game isn't even out yet is what makes it truely histerical to me. The battle of the fanboys is a source of endless amusement across all internet fansites.

What's funnier is that Halo 3, despite being out over a year, has less than a hundred more votes that LBP.

Yesterday the total number of votes was increasing abnormally fast, and it was basically confirmed on neogaf that scripting was involved.