By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left 4 Dead Now Available for Pre-purchase on Steam! 10% off!

It's now sitting on my games list. Hot.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
bRoKeN said:

would that usb bluetooth adpater make it posible for me to use the dualshock 3 on the PC?

Yes, not right away though...I did a quick search and found some instructions:

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/163284350/p1/?64

You need the bluetooth adapter as well as a USB cord so you can charge your controller, and then a couple programs to use the controller.

It's designed with PS3 in mind, so it takes a little tweaking, but it's totally possible.

I can use my Wiimote using Bluetooth to play a Half Life 2 mod, motion controls and all...very fun.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Everyone has mics in the PC game too....

not everyone... like a minority. It's just too big a hastle for some people, who might even prefer typing.

I mean sure, if you have a commited team and all, sure, I could see you all having mics, but if you just want an instant match with random people, communication could be a problem. I guess it doesn't matter though, since both versions will have their advantages and disadvantages. (like what version friends will most likely get)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Hmm. I'm still deciding whether to get this for the PC or the 360. I think the PC version will have better DLC, but I HATE playing FPSs on computers and I would get owned online.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

not everyone... like a minority. It's just too big a hastle for some people, who might even prefer typing.

I mean sure, if you have a commited team and all, sure, I could see you all having mics, but if you just want an instant match with random people, communication could be a problem. I guess it doesn't matter though, since both versions will have their advantages and disadvantages. (like what version friends will most likely get)

Well my friends are getting the PC version, but back to the mics...almost every TF2 server I join has 50% of the people talking...if they're not it's just because you don't need to talk all the time...I'd probably wager at least 75% of people playing at all times have a mic plugged in ready to go.  I don't understand where you're getting this idea.

And for Left 4 Dead especially...you'll be playing with only 3 other people, not 11 other people...you'll have to communicate, and PC players use mics a lot...I don't know what you're talking about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Bah. I just realized how pinched my wallet is.....

The PC version is looking better ($10 cheaper)

Throwing in some fanboy flames: That's why PC is great, the new releases are always cheaper.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Throwing in some fanboy flames: That's why PC is great, the new releases are always cheaper.

It certainly is an advantage. I'm just not sure if I can run it well. I know I can, but I don't to put in on minimuim settings to get a decent framerate.

BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Well my friends are getting the PC version, but back to the mics...almost every TF2 server I join has 50% of the people talking...if they're not it's just because you don't need to talk all the time...I'd probably wager at least 75% of people playing at all times have a mic plugged in ready to go.  I don't understand where you're getting this idea.

And for Left 4 Dead especially...you'll be playing with only 3 other people, not 11 other people...you'll have to communicate, and PC players use mics a lot...I don't know what you're talking about.

I know at least some headphones can be used as mics too (maybe even all, I don't know).

I know my old FFXI Linkshell made me talk every now and then so I just had to use my headphones as a mic and that worked well enough.  As far as I know there wasn't anything too special about them.

I guess mic use varies from game to game. I guess some games have less mic users because an in-game chat system is not there? so they have to use ventrillo or the like? I know I'm to lazy to check it out.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive