By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darthdevidem01 said:
ultimate_123 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=39369&end=39733

this graph sums up 360's price cut effect WW

Yeah it does. It has had the same effect that the PS3 price-cut had last year.

not really as PS3 went over 360 n never looked back....in this case it looks like they are about to even off

never looked back? how can that be when they are below the xbox360 now? hmm? ROFLLLLLL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
ultimate_123 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=39369&end=39733

this graph sums up 360's price cut effect WW

Yeah it does. It has had the same effect that the PS3 price-cut had last year.

not really as PS3 went over 360 n never looked back....in this case it looks like they are about to even off

We;ll see next week. I still expect 360 to outsell PS3 by 25K or more.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Holy... the wii's a frickin beast O_o

High Wii, no surprises allround for me.

TWRoO said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
TWRoO said:
Wow.

Considering there shoudl be ~5.5 million Wiis shipped in the three months of October, November and December (in the Americas) the average weekly sales should be 260,000 per week from now till January!

Of course the few weeks leading up to Christmas from Black Friday will jump the total up lots, so they will naturally be lower than 260k before that.

How did you get those numbers? There are 13 weeks in the time. 5500K divided by 13 is 420K, not 260K.

Even if you include January, it's 320K.

I have absolutely no idea.

First of all I think I put the numbers the wrong way around (13/5.5) but that still doesn't come out right.... my calculator is old and solar powered, and doesn't work in low light so I suspect I didn't press the buttons slowly enough... or given the number I came up with, perhaps pressed the wrong buttons entirely.

Most logical thing is you miswrote to 21 weeks, instead of 12. That gets you 261K.

And Griffin,I have no clue. But it happened to all of them, just stronger for the DS and Wii.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The Wii did okay this week, so I don't have to come up with damage control like last week.

this is all in anticiaption of wii music

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wii is huge, 360 good, ps3 steady.

This is going to piss MS off big time. They dropped the price 3 weeks ago and look what happens.

And in the same week that the world had the greatest stock market drop ever.

I think Nintendo will be Wiimaking sales numbers till next march. Now i have to question that whole it won't get to 50 million theory b4 jan 1.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
The Wii did okay this week, so I don't have to come up with damage control like last week.

this is all in anticiaption of wii music

Oh boy Wii music + Wii during christmas? I can see the sales skyrocketing that's for sure

Wonder if the leak of 360 Holiday Bundles coming last week had any affect.

Wonder if they now hitting the street will have an effect this week.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.