By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Versus XIII ?

Bobo012893 said:
XIII sucks cuz it's on 360. Vs XIII is better cuz it's not on 360. END.

::chuckle::  I've noticed that attitude change since it was announced XIII will be on the 360 in several people.  How funny.  More people being able to experience and enjoy the game somehow hurts your ability to play and enjoy the game.  Weird.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
Xen said:
KaspArno said:

What? really? then why is it cald almost the same??

They are set in the same universe, there are links between the characters.

what?? really ? never knew that :S

I assume so, blackstar. It just makes sense to me.

blackstar said:
what u need to know about versus:
-Developed by Kingdom Hearts team
- Action RPG
- directed by Tetsuya Nomura (KH director)
- ps3 exclusive (for now)
- the release date seems to be so far 2010 at best :(
- it has darker theme -i'm sure u noticed-
- it's not just a spin-off

What this and Blackstars other post says.

4 ≈ One

Bobo012893 said:
XIII sucks cuz it's on 360. Vs XIII is better cuz it's not on 360. END.

Lol you tell him Bobo.

There is a difference. They are two different games and besides taking place in the same world I've heard they don't have much in common. The story, characters, gameplay and mechanics of both games will be different.

Oh, VXIII is made by Tetsuya Nomura, the guy who has worked on games such as FFV, VI, VII, X, X-2, XI and XII. He was the director of both Kingdom Hearts games and COM. He was also the director of FFVII: Advent Children and is currently working as the character designer in Dissidia for PSP.

Both games will be absolutley amazing, although I am probably looking forward to the regular FFXIII a bit more than Versus simply because I have seen a lot more of it and it is a part of the main series. If you are an Final Fantasy fan like me, you know you will play/enjoy both like hell.

Around the Network

If I am correct, FF XIII, FF XIII Versus, and FF XIII Agito are all based on the same world setting.  All Final Fantasy games have been completely unrelated to each other when a core game is released with a new number.  They seem to use the number to designate that games are related, occuring in the same world setting.

Thats why Final Fantasy X-2 was X-2 as opposed to Final Fantasy XI.  The game was a direct sequel, as opposed to another completely different story.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

There will be NO link between XIII, vsXIII and agitoXIII!!! The only link is a crystal, that's all, no more!

Hmm, okay. I stand corrected... I expected one though. Is any one of those a prequel to the other? does anyone know?

I think the reason it's called "Versus" is because this is Nomura's attempt to show up Yoshinori Kitase and the rest of the "real" FF team. In other words, if Nomura were handed the keys to the FF franchise, "Versus" is the game he would make. It's an in house brotherly rivalry thing.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

It's more complicated that knowing if there is a prequel or not. You have to see it as a whole projet (fabula nova cristallys). There are two main projects: XIII and versus XIII, they're equals. Then you have smaller projects like agito XIII and haeresis XIII. Versus is called versus cause of the darkness. XIII is the light, versus XIII the darkness.