By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP (full game) brief impressions - yes, i got it early.

smbu2000 said:

"I actually told my boss that I have a broken leg in order to skip work to play this game. Yes, that's how easy it is..."

Won't that be hard to explain though when you go back into work sometime soon and you don't actually have a broken leg/cast? They usually take a few weeks to heal right?

That's what I was thinking actually. Sounds like the dumbest excuse to not go to work ever. Unless you plan on staying at home for 6 weeks.

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
yah here also we get it fast .. but only PS3 games ... for 360 we have to wait 5 to 9 days after the release.

that's because the ps3 has a web browser.

@op. sounds good.. any new tools though ? i was hoping for that.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
NNN2004 said:
yah here also we get it fast .. but only PS3 games ... for 360 we have to wait 5 to 9 days after the release.

that's because the ps3 has a web browser.

@op. sounds good.. any new tools though ? i was hoping for that.

I'll find out about new tools once I get to explore everything :P there're so many.. I'm rather confused at the moment

BengaBenga said:
smbu2000 said:

"I actually told my boss that I have a broken leg in order to skip work to play this game. Yes, that's how easy it is..."

Won't that be hard to explain though when you go back into work sometime soon and you don't actually have a broken leg/cast? They usually take a few weeks to heal right?

That's what I was thinking actually. Sounds like the dumbest excuse to not go to work ever. Unless you plan on staying at home for 6 weeks.

I think he is alright as long as he knows how to create a cast and doesn't mind walking with a limp for the next 6 weeks.  Small price to pay.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

why's everyone so worried about the broken leg? i tell you fellas, its no big deal.. i can weasel my way out of it in no time :P

Around the Network

All I know is that you better break your freaking leg...have fun with that.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

bugrimmar said:
why's everyone so worried about the broken leg? i tell you fellas, its no big deal.. i can weasel my way out of it in no time :P

At my company, they don't care if you take a sick day, but if they found out you were lying about a sick day, then they would probably fire you.

For example. I say I have a cold, and I come in the next day and I'm fine, and they wouldn't care.

If I say I have a broken leg cause I got hit by a car, and then I come in the next day fine they'll probably wonder what else I lie about. For example, maybe I'm lieing about my hours worked (we just punch in a number, no time cards or anything like that) I would probably get fired real fast, or at least have to pay back every sick day I took this year.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
bugrimmar said:

At my company, they don't care if you take a sick day, but if they found out you were lying about a sick day, then they would probably fire you.

For example. I say I have a cold, and I come in the next day and I'm fine, and they wouldn't care.

If I say I have a broken leg cause I got hit by a car, and then I come in the next day fine they'll probably wonder what else I lie about. For example, maybe I'm lieing about my hours worked (we just punch in a number, no time cards or anything like that) I would probably get fired real fast, or at least have to pay back every sick day I took this year.

in our company nobody cares. so yea, there's nothing to worry about.. i'll get it done :P

Thanks for the sneaky peak under the hood, I am now more excited about this game.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I'm more excited about the level creating then actually playing the story mode. Can't wait to get my hands on it :p Lucky sod.

Why are we discussing ur face :s come to think of it, if you had a PS Eye, would you be able to create a new face for sack boy and give it yours :P spooky :p lol

As for taking sickies of work, you have to be very organised to do this. I have a little book with all the excuses i have been through. This way i don't kill the same person off twice (a friend of mine killed his granddad twice and got caught). Also, this way i can stop any patterns emerging and give it a nice mix and random feel to it.

In fact, I sit here typing to you whilst I am on hold to my part time employer... the hold music is terrible.... i have a fever, ive been throwing up and i cant move :S lol