By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Barack Obama takes over Burnout LOL

superbeast1370 said:
I'm for McCain and the Milf-err....Sarah Palin. and I think Ads in Video Games are BS. I don't need them to remind me of real life.

amen

Around the Network

well its better than the compusa ads, maybe he will get into mercs 2 as well, they have had a few movies in there

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Politicians are evil.

My name is Dgc1808, and I approve this message.

4 ≈ One

I'm going to write-in Gore. He deserves to be president.

OK I don't care what your political affiliation is can we all at least agree political ads in video games are a bad thing?

Seriously, when I sit down to play a video game I'm specifically trying to ignore the outside world for an hour or two. I don't want to be dragged back into it by any political BS.

I give Obama credit for the idea, its a great idea and a good move...for the candidate. But I have a hard time believing anyone would honestly want political ads in their games once they consider the reality of it.

Just consider this, while I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing the candidate you plan to vote for advertise in your game, what happens when the other candidate does it? When you're playing the game and you see:

If you support Obama: "Obama is a terrorist sympathizer who condones bombing white people!"

If you support McCain: "John McCain is a racist bigot who likes to personally torture poor people!"

Of course this is an extreme case and we won't start out with ads this strong, but does anyone honestly think it won't quickly head in that direction? The gaming companies will slowly say yes to more and more as they pocket a bigger and bigger check for their digital ad space with a progressively more biting message.

I for one will not support any *company* that allows political ads. That includes the major players like Nintendo, Valve, Rockstar, etc... I'm vehemently opposed to the concept as it shatters the very purpose behind my being a gamer in the first place.

/end rant

Ok good rant, I'll probably just avoid the games themselves, but if it becomes a theme for a company I'm not against taking it to the next level.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

This is because Barack Obama was a burnout in high school. Have you ever seen his high school pic? His collar was huge, his afro was big, and his eyes were bloodshot.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Here is a joke version of it in MGS4

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson