By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will LBP Get "Zack and Wikied"?

I dont know what to expect saleswise from LBP...im hoping for big sales, expecting decent sales and praying it sells full stop

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet is not a big budget game in anyway. It was created by a team that started off with 5 people, which then expanded to about 30. This is an average budget game at most.

Over 500K sales is all that is needed for LBP to be a success. Anyone saying less than 1M is a flop are just deluding themselves.

@FishyJoe

Bit unfair to compare a new IP to a Mario game, sales wise isn't it?

FishyJoe said:
Z&W is a low budget title with no advertising and limited audience. LBP is a big budget titles with large marketing campaign and much wider scope. There is really no comparison.

^ this.

If you mean whether LBP will have a "Zack and Wiki" level, then probably not.  Because Zack & Wiki's name is simply not big enough to attract people making its level or people playing it.

Lair, on the other hand, is more likely. LOL

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

tombi123, wait. So was I dreaming when I saw a poll on this site that had a majority of people sayin LBP would be the highest selling game of the season? Now you are saying that under 1 million would not be a disappointment? That would put it in last place on that list.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

tombi123 said:
LittleBigPlanet is not a big budget game in anyway. It was created by a team that started off with 5 people, which then expanded to about 30. This is an average budget game at most.

Over 500K sales is all that is needed for LBP to be a success. Anyone saying less than 1M is a flop are just deluding themselves.

@FishyJoe

Bit unfair to compare a new IP to a Mario game, sales wise isn't it?

I think 1 million would be a success, but not the sales it deserves. That is why I compared it to Z&W, it was a success, but did not get the sales it should have for its quality. This is not a flop or not thread, it is a- will it be a success(like Z&W) or a runaway success. I am suggesting that it uniqueness will hold it back from having amazing sales... That is where the comparison to Z&W is at.

I should had stated that I was assuming that it would be a success.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

While I think the game will not make record sales like OOT or GTA games, I think it will do well, as seeing how much hype is around it, and early reviews coming in from the beta. I'd be very shocked if it doesn't become a million seller WW

I can't believe how many people are misunderstanding the thread.

This game will do very well. The review scores are excellent, and the game will sell at least as much as Ratchet & Clank based on marketing alone, let alone how damn awesome the game is.

LBP will make the most money ever for a PS3 exclusive game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Like mm said this game simply can't flop . If the game itself is a piece of shit then it's got Sony's aggresive marketing and promotion to rely on , if the game isn't marketed enough then it's got critical acclaim to fall back on . LBP will do 2 million lifetime sales at the bare minimum and 4-6 million upper limit.