By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggest site improvements

Lately, this site has become a lot better thanks to Nordlead, Talon Man and such improving the site.

I regularily find some things that I feel lacking on the site, that couldn't be too hard to add (or so I think).

But I forget most of those, and nothing is ever done with it (logically enough).

I can't believe that other people don't find things like these, and after Halogamer's two threads, I believe it could be an idea to make a thread for this.

So, my ideas anyway.

A "total sales" at the bottom of the games database. Like the one on the million sellers. This would be great, as it would mean we could see the total sales of for instance Fire Emblem (bad example), without having to add up all the sales. This couldn't be very difficult, as we already have it on million sellers.

A more fleshed out way to compare games. A software table, somewhat close to the hardware table. You can compare Wii Fit sales to Mario Kart Wii sales since MKWii's launch and such far, far easier than as it is now.

Publisher sales over time. We can see how much publishers sell weekly, so why can't we have a graph (or something ala the hardware table), to see how much they sold in January 07 compared to January 08.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Fix the sales for Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 already.

Um..... I can't think of any other site problems

Maybe we can contribute to sales as well. All you'd need is a mod or someone else to verfiy the sources you provide.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

there was a thread a long time ago. Most of the suggestions have been implemented, or are no longer needed due to other changes

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=19610

(note, I don't suggest we revive that thread, and instead make a new one)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I agree with the FRANCHISE TOTAL SALES idea :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SaviorX said:
Fix the sales for Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 already.

Um..... I can't think of any other site problems

Maybe we can contribute to sales as well. All you'd need is a mod or someone else to verfiy the sources you provide.

This is a great idea. Actually the site doesn't need a lot of improvement anymore in, but sales numbers of old games and PC games would be a great addition. Only problem: Where do we get them? I always wanted to know how much my favorite PC games from the 90s sold, but often I don't even find estimations.

Around the Network

Some of the sales data for older games is very much off even though we have links to the sales data, maybe we could try to fix this. I've noticed this a bunch of times when looking at games in the DB.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Lately, this site has become a lot better thanks to Nordlead, Talon Man and such improving the site.

I regularily find some things that I feel lacking on the site, that couldn't be too hard to add (or so I think).

But I forget most of those, and nothing is ever done with it (logically enough).

I can't believe that other people don't find things like these, and after Halogamer's two threads, I believe it could be an idea to make a thread for this.

So, my ideas anyway.

A "total sales" at the bottom of the games database. Like the one on the million sellers. This would be great, as it would mean we could see the total sales of for instance Fire Emblem (bad example), without having to add up all the sales. This couldn't be very difficult, as we already have it on million sellers.

A more fleshed out way to compare games. A software table, somewhat close to the hardware table. You can compare Wii Fit sales to Mario Kart Wii sales since MKWii's launch and such far, far easier than as it is now.

Publisher sales over time. We can see how much publishers sell weekly, so why can't we have a graph (or something ala the hardware table), to see how much they sold in January 07 compared to January 08.

Those would be neat.

As for mine, I want a new design.

Be able to add videos to your profile

It would be nice if all the sales stuff could appear in a grid that has click sorting by any column, drag and drop ordering of the columns etc.

Also, when you click on worldwide numbers the latest date should be able to be viewed even if it is incomplete.

There should also be an area that shows the adjustments that have been made to numbers.

You should also be able to set site preferences, like which numbers you want to see first, which sorts you like to see with sales, etc.

It would also be great to do date ranges, half year, and quarterly numbers so you can get better trend analysis...

You can clik + or - on each comment, and when it goes -10 it will be deleted.And when it goes -5 you have to click it to see it.

Take my love, take my land..