By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's storage solution - $20 for a 20GB HD or a free 512 MB card

That's a good idea, tbh I think they just need to add a 20 gb hard drive to the arcade, it wouldn't cost much more to manufacture than a memory card

Around the Network

Now that's a steal.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

They should've done this sooner but better late than never.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

This is cool.

kingofwale said:
heruamon said:
ROFLOL...that shut-up some of the haterz...$20 for a 20GB HDD...if you want to get a $199 arcade and spend $20 on the HDD...GREAT...if you want to spend $299 and get he 60GB..GREAT...or go for the Elite...GREAT. As a C-O-N-S-U-M-E-R...you have a choice! Personally, I think everybody should go with the elite, but than, I'm a gamer.

if anything, it's a slap-in-the-face of everyone who bought Microsoft's crap about their HDD 'advantage' and paid $100 more to get the Pro/Premium edition.

As an Arcade owner myself, it's great for me. This is just another reason why Microsoft failed at planning everything from the start.

P.S. I plan to get a 512mb myself, if they want to charge me shipping, I will tell them to go consumate themselves.

It called early adopter fee...I BOUGHT my elite at $479...you don't see me whining about it being $399!  M$ moves are based on market demands, and yeah, you could say, "well, they knew the new XBL experiencewas coming, so..." but I really don't see that as a valid argument.  We now KNOW that the new XBL experience will be out a a month or so, and M$ is doing what it needs to, in order to get arcade owners the opportunity to get the full experience for $20 more...it's your choice.  If you want to skip the hold avatar thing...as a consumer you can...nobody is forcing you to adopt it.   I'm completely "sold" on the New XBL, and so I guess I just have a different perspective from others.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Yeh well how about this.. its only for U.S people.... I live in AUS!! I WANT MY 20gb HDD!!

Unless there's another site aussies can go too?

2 things are pissing me off..

1.... they didn't even offer me the free 512mb option...

2... it's US only.

YOU FAIL, Microsoft.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Tuanniez said:
Yeh well how about this.. its only for U.S people.... I live in AUS!! I WANT MY 20gb HDD!!

Unless there's another site aussies can go too?
That sucks...if others and Japan can't get in on the action.  While I love XBL, the shell games console makers play are really annoying, for example, my location isn't one in the XBL membership list, so basically, I have to use a psuedo address...grrrr.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Here's another funny thing. I went to check my console info, and my 360 froze lol. Great huh. That xbox site must be getting hammered. It takes forever to load.

This is a really great deal, but why not just drop the arcade and sell the core for a few bucks less?