By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima: Japanese game industry is in trouble

@soriku, what games are making money on the wii? Are they from JAPANESE DEVELOPERS NOT NAMED SEGA, KONAMI, NAMCO AND SQUARE?

Around the Network
markers said:
why is everyone saying mgs4 sold bad? it has sold relatively well giving the ps3 install base. and not only that it has shown very impressive legs, i wouldnt be suprised if it surpases mgs and mgs2 (given ps3 gets more users, pick up mgs4. and given mgs4 will hit platinium or w/e)

This was me who brought it up. I didn't say it sold bad. What I said was that it was the PS3's hardware sales that caused the dip in sales, when I said Kojima bet on the wrong horse. He expected more out of Sony and didn't get it. As for your prediction of 6 million + for MGS4, that is one BOLD prediction. I just don't see the game having those kinds of legs.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@RolStoppable

I knew someone would jump with this kind of reply. of course I dont pretend to base my analysis on a single week, it was just an example, but I'm sure you'll see it's pretty much like that all the time, really.

And, are you aware we (at least ME) are talking about 3rRD PARTY JAPANESE DEVELOPERS ?

^sure, you cant even name 3

Soriku said:
Magnific0 said:
@soriku, what games are making money on the wii? Are they from JAPANESE DEVELOPERS NOT NAMED SEGA, KONAMI, NAMCO AND SQUARE?

Level 5, Marvelous, and I'm sure there's more but I'm not gonna name every single one.

You think all those aren't good enough?

There is a Level-5 game on the Wii? I thought they only released stuff for the DS.

Around the Network

Maybe its part of Kojima's dismay with the "inferior" Nintendo system performing the best. Kojima has always been about cinematic movies, and requires top notch tech to do such. Maybe he just is still pissed with Nintendo for their poor actions back in the 90s. Either way, I'm sure that with the HD systems struggling against the Wii, he isn't a happy camper, which might have got him looking at Japanese development dismally.

@soriku, nice way to admit defeat.

Magnific0 said:

Natsume, Grasshopper Studios, Majesco/Office Create, Tomy, Atlus...

What are you asking for, exactly?

Khuutra said:
Magnific0 said:

Natsume, Grasshopper Studios, Majesco/Office Create, Tomy, Atlus...

What are you asking for, exactly?

Name of the games..Or are all of those also names of games?

I will say this again....JRPG's wise

NO-ONE will know how to make one that sells to the mass.....& none of them will sell decently till

Final Fantasy XIII comes out

that will be a catalyst to the JRPG market....so Soriku don't be so sure all the support will just go the wii way suddenly.
______-

As for the rest of japanese development....I dunno

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey