By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Played some N64 Yesterday

I went to my friends house who has N64 and we played some "classics"

We started off with some Ocarina of Time and it was okay. Then we moved on to vigilantes i think it was called, kind of like Twisted Metal, it was fun but horribly outdated.

Then finished with some Goldeneye which was virtually unplayable. I guess playing an 11 year old game (1997) having played the great games we have today makes it look bad. But come on it was horrible:

1. I'm #1

2. The look is inverted and no option to change it

3. No dual-joysticks, instead you have to use those yellow arrows, which i mention are inverted!!!!

4. The game lags and slows down when your firing a fully auto gun

5. The remote mines are pretty sick

6. Brutal Game

7. The AK-47 looks like a pencil

8. The sound is way off, it sounds like you fired about 100 shots when you really fired 30 with the AK-47 for example

9. I'm #1

10. Back then it may have been good, today its lame

Conclusion: What you can take from this is I'm #1. Oh yeah, and that I finally played the game that nintendo fans claim to be the best ever (Ocarina of Time) and back then it may have been good. But today it was boring to play. They should re-make it.

Around the Network

Ocarina is not boring to play. It will never be.

Tell me this, is Tetris boring just because of its age?

Nº1 illogic person of VGChartz is what you are.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I hardly think one person's opinion on a game definitely makes that game good or bad in the eyes of the general public, especially when that opinion seems to be so jaded.

Just so you know.... Most Nintendo fans don't consider OoT the best game ever. Imo not even close to the best Zelda. If you want to play a more up to date Zelda try Twilight Princess, which surpasses OoT in every way except impact(2d-3d). Never played any of the other games so can't give my opinion on them.

yeah man, ocarina still most recent games ass...is truly epic even today, of course it has its limitations, but hey, that is just my opinion

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Around the Network

Pssssshhhhhh.

You expect an example of a twitch-based, technology-driven genre like the FPS to hold up eleven years later when it's on a console? Gimme a break!

Though I do take issue with your opinions on Ocarina of Time, sir. A re-release is all we need, and we have it.

@sc: Twilight Princess doesnt hold a candle against OoT. IMO it is the worst game in the series, not meaning that it is a bad game, far from it. It feels like OoT all over again for the most parts.

If a 3D zelda game truly deserves the most credit, that would be OoT and I believe the majority will agree with me. The game is a classic, it's timeless.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Mate I have clocked hours on the greatest FPS's of all time, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4, and spent half my life playing the greatest RPG of all time, Fable The Lost Chapters, and completed numerous careers on the unbelievable Project Gotham Racing 4. Yet occasionally I will open up my storage cupboard, pull out my N64 and play it. The enjoyment I gain from playing Zelda, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and Mario Kart is same as I would get from the Xbox games I just mentioned. The fact of the matter is they are timeLESS classics.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

real stupid topic in the j-sters opinion. Does the bible get outdated and crappy? no so ur logic is retarted. Orcarina is a classic and is better than most games this gen.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

trestres said:
@sc: Twilight Princess doesnt hold a candle against OoT. IMO it is the worst game in the series, not meaning that it is a bad game, far from it. It feels like OoT all over again for the most parts.

If a 3D zelda game truly deserves the most credit, that would be OoT and I believe the majority will agree with me. The game is a classic, it's timeless.

@Bolded That is a bad thing? I thought that was what everybody wanted before TP was released.  Anyway it took what OoT had, and some new things like the twilight dungeons,wolf link and meshed them. There is no doubt that it was more up to date though. The world was much larger, the characters where much more developed, the bosses imo were much more interesting, the pacing was good as well. My only complaints were some repetativeness and the world/people being bland(OoT had the same problem). Oot does have advantages in Dungeon design, and probably difficulty(I'm not to sure if that depends on the person or the game). Either way they both pale in comparison greatly to WW, and even more so to MM(tied with Alltp as the best Zelda imo). If any 3d Zelda game deserves the most praise I would say MM does. MM was just  perfect imo. The world felt so alive with each individual character doing something, the gameplay was good with the variety of maps, and seemed alot more fresh compared to the Dungeon-Boss format. The story and its morals were excellent as well. And not to mention the overall message the game gives you, and jthe emotions it brings. Yet all of the fans complained that it was too different to OoT and they wanted something exactly like OoT, then Twilight Princess comes it's too much like OoT. Hopefully the next Zelda follows the same path as MM, and WW where they both diffrentiate themselves from the rest of the series. I think the reason why everybody likes OoT so much is not how much a good game it is, but how much an impact it had. It basically set the standard for 3d Action-Adventure games, but there is better, and I guess the impact and nostalgia makes it feel to some like there isn't. Its definately a good game, just not anywhere imo the best Game, Zelda, or 3d Zelda for that matter. I do have to admit that it is very influentual and I give it credit for that.