By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Played some N64 Yesterday

all you accomplished in this thread is you made the J man's post count increase

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:

real stupid topic in the j-sters opinion. Does the bible get outdated and crappy? no so ur logic is retarted. Orcarina is a classic and is better than most games this gen.

Are new Bibles written every week,month,year?

I recently played Ocarina of Time after playing a bit Twilight Princess and finishing Wind Waker. I thought I'd be disappointed and get bored after playing those games, but actually I was pretty impressed by how it holds up so well after all this years.
After finishing it for the 100th time and after all this years, I can't believe I like it even more than Wind Waker! (Haven't finish Twilight Princess but right now I still like more OoT)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Vigilante 8 sucked just as much then as it does now. But Ocarina and Goldeneye most assuradely do not. And yes, I have played both games fairly recently. Do you think A Link to the Past has aged horribly? Because despite being 2 D as opposed to 3 D, they're quite similar.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

sc94597 said:
trestres said:
@sc: Twilight Princess doesnt hold a candle against OoT. IMO it is the worst game in the series, not meaning that it is a bad game, far from it. It feels like OoT all over again for the most parts.

If a 3D zelda game truly deserves the most credit, that would be OoT and I believe the majority will agree with me. The game is a classic, it's timeless.

@Bolded That is a bad thing? I thought that was what everybody wanted before TP was released.  Anyway it took what OoT had, and some new things like the twilight dungeons,wolf link and meshed them. There is no doubt that it was more up to date though. The world was much larger, the characters where much more developed, the bosses imo were much more interesting, the pacing was good as well. My only complaints were some repetativeness and the world/people being bland(OoT had the same problem). Oot does have advantages in Dungeon design, and probably difficulty(I'm not to sure if that depends on the person or the game). Either way they both pale in comparison greatly to WW, and even more so to MM(tied with Alltp as the best Zelda imo). If any 3d Zelda game deserves the most praise I would say MM does. MM was just  perfect imo. The world felt so alive with each individual character doing something, the gameplay was good with the variety of maps, and seemed alot more fresh compared to the Dungeon-Boss format. The story and its morals were excellent as well. And not to mention the overall message the game gives you, and jthe emotions it brings. Yet all of the fans complained that it was too different to OoT and they wanted something exactly like OoT, then Twilight Princess comes it's too much like OoT. Hopefully the next Zelda follows the same path as MM, and WW where they both diffrentiate themselves from the rest of the series. I think the reason why everybody likes OoT so much is not how much a good game it is, but how much an impact it had. It basically set the standard for 3d Action-Adventure games, but there is better, and I guess the impact and nostalgia makes it feel to some like there isn't. Its definately a good game, just not anywhere imo the best Game, Zelda, or 3d Zelda for that matter. I do have to admit that it is very influentual and I give it credit for that.

Being almost the same game at it's core is a bad thing. No wonder the stories are different, though not that much, but the rest of the game seems like been there, done that. Bigger overworlds do not always translate in more interesting overworlds. The TP overworld was big, but it was boring. It was too big for its own sake, it would have been much better if there have been actual things to do instead of riding your horse for long periods. Ocarina of Time had much more content and things to do, many more characters in the cities, much more secrets to be found.

For example cities in TP felt empty and dead. All contrary to that, the bigger number of cities/towns in OoT felt alive, with a bigger number of characters and many more things to do.

Going into the characters field, I don't get why you say that characters in TP are more developed. Seriously? I find it the complete opposite, with many TP characters only making an insignificant appearance just once. Maybe the storytelling felt more complete but in terms of story OoT is way better.

Once again, no... OoT is just way ahead of TWW. Both games were different enough. On a technical side, TWW is obviously better. But OoT is the foundation for every other home console 3D Zelda to have ever been released after it. TWW revolves around OoT too much and it also felt like playing OoT, but to a much lesser extent than TP. I have nothing against any existing Zelda game, but in all honestly OoT was just too perfect. I've yet to play a game that's epic as OoT, incredible music, incredible gameplay, great though limited graphics, incredible story, clever puzzle designs, superb execution. I'm sure that OoT is the most liked Zelda ever made and IMO the last truly epic Zelda made.

I hope that they are working hard on the next one, since it's my favorite game series.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Why do you people make serious replies to a thread like this? Are you dumb?

^^ He changes his av a lot. I didn't realize who it was.

I'm just glad he took down the Canadian flag Av. That was embarrassing.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Vigilante 8 sucked just as much then as it does now. But Ocarina and Goldeneye most assuradely do not. And yes, I have played both games fairly recently. Do you think A Link to the Past has aged horribly? Because despite being 2 D as opposed to 3 D, they're quite similar.

WRONG! Vigilante 8 owned. Haven't played it recently though.

Goldeneye has aged like shit, it is not too enjoyable anymore.
Ocarina of time is still great. I never thought of it as one of those BEST EVER games though

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game ever, and if anyone has a differing opinion, the demon that sleeps inside my body will kill you once it finds out.

That is all i have to say.

trestres said:
sc94597 said:
trestres said:
@sc: Twilight Princess doesnt hold a candle against OoT. IMO it is the worst game in the series, not meaning that it is a bad game, far from it. It feels like OoT all over again for the most parts.

If a 3D zelda game truly deserves the most credit, that would be OoT and I believe the majority will agree with me. The game is a classic, it's timeless.

@Bolded That is a bad thing? I thought that was what everybody wanted before TP was released.  Anyway it took what OoT had, and some new things like the twilight dungeons,wolf link and meshed them. There is no doubt that it was more up to date though. The world was much larger, the characters where much more developed, the bosses imo were much more interesting, the pacing was good as well. My only complaints were some repetativeness and the world/people being bland(OoT had the same problem). Oot does have advantages in Dungeon design, and probably difficulty(I'm not to sure if that depends on the person or the game). Either way they both pale in comparison greatly to WW, and even more so to MM(tied with Alltp as the best Zelda imo). If any 3d Zelda game deserves the most praise I would say MM does. MM was just  perfect imo. The world felt so alive with each individual character doing something, the gameplay was good with the variety of maps, and seemed alot more fresh compared to the Dungeon-Boss format. The story and its morals were excellent as well. And not to mention the overall message the game gives you, and jthe emotions it brings. Yet all of the fans complained that it was too different to OoT and they wanted something exactly like OoT, then Twilight Princess comes it's too much like OoT. Hopefully the next Zelda follows the same path as MM, and WW where they both diffrentiate themselves from the rest of the series. I think the reason why everybody likes OoT so much is not how much a good game it is, but how much an impact it had. It basically set the standard for 3d Action-Adventure games, but there is better, and I guess the impact and nostalgia makes it feel to some like there isn't. Its definately a good game, just not anywhere imo the best Game, Zelda, or 3d Zelda for that matter. I do have to admit that it is very influentual and I give it credit for that.

Being almost the same game at it's core is a bad thing. No wonder the stories are different, though not that much, but the rest of the game seems like been there, done that. Bigger overworlds do not always translate in more interesting overworlds. The TP overworld was big, but it was boring. It was too big for its own sake, it would have been much better if there have been actual things to do instead of riding your horse for long periods. Ocarina of Time had much more content and things to do, many more characters in the cities, much more secrets to be found.

I already stated that both Ocarina and Twilight Princess felt empty and hyrule felt lifeless in both. Majora's Mask beats both of them greatly in that area. Also I could go and say that OoT is the same game as AllTP, but 3d.

For example cities in TP felt empty and dead. All contrary to that, the bigger number of cities/towns in OoT felt alive, with a bigger number of characters and many more things to do.

I agree, but the same could be said for OoT.

Going into the characters field, I don't get why you say that characters in TP are more developed. Seriously? I find it the complete opposite, with many TP characters only making an insignificant appearance just once. Maybe the storytelling felt more complete but in terms of story OoT is way better.

My main reason for saying this is the Adition of two new characters. Midna, and Zant. Zant was abandoned by his people because of his lust for power. That is when he basically when insane, and Ganon took advantage of this. From then on Zant followed Ganon. Midna then is cursed and her throne is taken by Zant. She feels very betrayed, and as you see in a few cutscenes is really pissed off at Zant. I beleive in one cutscene  Zelda said that she went through alot of pain, and such after they shared bodies. Then at the end Zant actually realizes how evil ganon is, and instead of reviving him he killed himself leaving Ganon to die. Then you have Zelda who feels worthless and guilty for not being able to protect her kingdom from Zant. She basically is depressed. You have link who shows emotion as well when midna leavces, and the mirror breakes,when they think Midna is dead, and when she shows up with her curse lifted. I could go on. But all of the character developement in TP pales in comparison to that in MM. Now I didn't remember too much character developement in OoT other than Zelda and Link bonding, and I guess Navi being annoying and then dissapearing. Other than that it felt pretty emotionless.

Once again, no... OoT is just way ahead of TWW. Both games were different enough. On a technical side, TWW is obviously better. But OoT is the foundation for every other home console 3D Zelda to have ever been released after it. TWW revolves around OoT too much and it also felt like playing OoT, but to a much lesser extent than TP. I have nothing against any existing Zelda game, but in all honestly OoT was just too perfect. I've yet to play a game that's epic as OoT, incredible music, incredible gameplay, great though limited graphics, incredible story, clever puzzle designs, superb execution. I'm sure that OoT is the most liked Zelda ever made and IMO the last truly epic Zelda made.

How so? WW was the complete opposite of OoT. OoT was pretty much copying alot of what was brought in Alttp. WW changes about everything. The setting, characters, races,weapons, etc. As for a game being epic or not. Again I will say that you are probably just left astounded because OoT was the first 3d Zelda, not because it is a better game. I'm pretty sure if WW or TP were the first 3d Zelda instead of OoT you would feel the same way.

I hope that they are working hard on the next one, since it's my favorite game series.

I agree, and I hope they innovate again like they did in MM, and WW. They said TP was the last "traditional" Zelda so if MM, and WW were considered "Traditional" then I can't wait to see what they bring.