By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - OK so pc vs apple who knows anything about this?

Khuutra said:
Yeah - you have to be aware of malware on pretty much every system. Hell, I even ran AVG when I was running Ubuntu, and there's way less of a virus presence for Linux systems than there is for Macs.

that seems like a waste of processor power unless you were travling in unsafe areas of the net or were using it in a secure requirement area. what flavor of unbuntu did you run? 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

To be frank, no, it wasn't strictly necessary. I'm just cautious.

Khuutra said:

cool, its the best way to run if you keep sensitive info on your computer, i keep one wiped down just to dick around and play with, ever try running either osx or unbuntu without virtual memory its awsome, i have 6 gig on one system and its super fast for a 5 year old sysem, but if you dont watch you can run out of physical ram, and bring your system down quick 

I personally have a PS3 and a 360 for gaming so having a mac isn't really an issue for me. I payed extra for the OS. Apple doesn't license the OS to anyone so they can charge whatever people are willing to pay to use it. There's no comparison to any other in my opinion.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

BILL COSBY!!! said:
I personally have a PS3 and a 360 for gaming so having a mac isn't really an issue for me. I payed extra for the OS. Apple doesn't license the OS to anyone so they can charge whatever people are willing to pay to use it. There's no comparison to any other in my opinion.

true but if you look around there are more than enough places giving you info on how to build a intel mac on your own. im working on a box for a friend right now like that.

Around the Network
goddog said:
Khuutra said:

cool, its the best way to run if you keep sensitive info on your computer, i keep one wiped down just to dick around and play with, ever try running either osx or unbuntu without virtual memory its awsome, i have 6 gig on one system and its super fast for a 5 year old sysem, but if you dont watch you can run out of physical ram, and bring your system down quick 

I admit I've never tried that, though it does sound pretty fun. I might give it something of a try when I get a neew desktop and reinstall Ubuntu on my laptop.

I just hope my computer doesn't catch fire.

Khuutra said:
goddog said:
Khuutra said:

I admit I've never tried that, though it does sound pretty fun. I might give it something of a try when I get a neew desktop and reinstall Ubuntu on my laptop.

I just hope my computer doesn't catch fire.

it is one of those things that require a second or third computer, you can really screw up your system messing with stuff like that. 

Yeah

Then I probably won't.

OT: Look, if you're gonna run games, Vista is pretty much your only answer. Period. Maybe in ten years it will be different, but not right now.

twesterm said:

And yes, Linux is a complete waste of time.

Unless you actually know something about how computers work, would like to know, or only need to use a web browser, email, and word processor as many do.

so ummmmm nice debate but WAY off topic plz look at both my posts and weigh in....

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"