By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Difficulty Level do you play a game on?

Every gamer in the world knows thats they play a game on a certain difficulty level. Whether it is Easy, Normal, or Hard, we all play on a certain level. My question is what level do you play on for every game? For me I play on Normal. Its not to hard and not to easy. What difficulty level do you play on for every game? If you have more than one, post that too. Just post the difficulty levels you use the most while playing a game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

i always choose the hardest settings so the game will last longer.

Normal most of the time, but I am playing on hard more with the advent of achievements and trophies

I choose normal. If I beat the game and I love it, then I play it again on harder difficulties.

normal if too easy hard.

Around the Network

well, I started out 100cc in Mkwii ( Normal ) then go up to 150cc ( Hard ) then go back down to 50cc (easy)

Munkeh111 said:
Normal most of the time, but I am playing on hard more with the advent of achievements and trophies

Same here

A lot of games I put it on Normal, because I just want to get through them. If it's an action game like DMC/God of War/ etc. I always play it on the hardest difficulty available, because I like the challenge those games bring and refining my fighting style in those games. In Mega Man 9, I didn't need to choose a difficulty level. It's kicking my ass on the default difficulty.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Easy. Or normal.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Normal, a lot of games simply get harder by handicapping the AI rather than improving the actual difficulty. FPS were you typically have more enemies that are tougher to kill, RPGs where enemies use skills more often and are leveled higher, platformers were they add an extra horde of idiotic enemies. It seems like in a lot of these cases it just makes the game longer and more frustrating, however if I really really enjoy a game (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Fallout) then I'll go back and try a harder difficulty.

The one group of games I play on hard most of the time is RTS, since typically the AI gets more aggressive and you get the challenge of facing off against grouped attacks as opposed to simply just sending an extra big swarm in your direction.