By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why I believe Sony have to drop this price this year.

EdGuila said:
selnor said:
EdGuila said:
PS3 is still cheaper than the 360. I do not know a 360 owner that hasn't spent more on hardware than I have with my PS3. $499. I know 360 owners that have spent $800.
Battery Pack
20GB HDD
Charger
XBox Live
WiFi
Cooler Fans

All PS3 owners I know have kept there hardware budget under $600. For hardware I'm at just $553. $499 for the console and $54 for the extra controller and I get more with that than my cousins who bought a 360.

Wow you have some really stupid friends, and also miss the point again. A ten year old kid who wants to play Fifa o9 is not gonna care about an HDD, or wifi, or cooler fans (jasper model is this christmas dont start with that crap).

Also 360 60 gb model with free 6 month live £169.99 with game. Charger £12.99. Total = £181.99

PS3 cheapest model = £300 with game. 

£120 spare to buy other presents or more games. You see. Without credit it's easier for Parents. And if they get arcade for there 8-12 year old kid who couldnt care less about HDD then the parent saves even more while he is happy playing Fifa 09 over christmas and the parents are happy cause they saved £170 with arcade. You see this matters during no credit time.

Sorry man, hate to burst your "refute bubble" but I don't have any 10 year old friends in the U.K. that own 360s.  If you were somehow trying to attack my comments with an argument, please try again.

So I stand uncorrected...every 360 I know has spent way more on hardware/accessories than people I know with PS3s.

End of argument, nice try though selnor. 

So then your comments were just completly not relevant at all to the thread at hand then?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
EdGuila said:
selnor said:
EdGuila said:
PS3 is still cheaper than the 360. I do not know a 360 owner that hasn't spent more on hardware than I have with my PS3. $499. I know 360 owners that have spent $800.
Battery Pack
20GB HDD
Charger
XBox Live
WiFi
Cooler Fans

All PS3 owners I know have kept there hardware budget under $600. For hardware I'm at just $553. $499 for the console and $54 for the extra controller and I get more with that than my cousins who bought a 360.

Wow you have some really stupid friends, and also miss the point again. A ten year old kid who wants to play Fifa o9 is not gonna care about an HDD, or wifi, or cooler fans (jasper model is this christmas dont start with that crap).

Also 360 60 gb model with free 6 month live £169.99 with game. Charger £12.99. Total = £181.99

£120 spare to buy other presents or more games. You see. Without credit it's easier for Parents. And if they get arcade for there 8-12 year old kid who couldnt care less about HDD then the parent saves even more while he is happy playing Fifa 09 over christmas and the parents are happy cause they saved £170 with arcade. You see this matters during no credit time.

Sorry man, hate to burst your "refute bubble" but I don't have any 10 year old friends in the U.K. that own 360s.  If you were somehow trying to attack my comments with an argument, please try again.

So I stand uncorrected...every 360 I know has spent way more on hardware/accessories than people I know with PS3s.

So then your comments were just completly not relevant at all to the thread at hand then?

Not quite, just informing people that you'll end up spending more on a 360, which most people think will be a smaller hit on their gaming budget but within 2 to 4 weeks most people end up spending more on a 360 to get what the PS3 has in the Box at $399.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

EdGuila said:
Kasz216 said:
EdGuila said:
selnor said:
EdGuila said:
Battery Pack
20GB HDD
Charger
XBox Live
WiFi
Cooler Fans

Not quite, just informing people that you'll end up spending more on a 360, which most people think will be a smaller hit on their gaming budget but within 2 to 4 weeks most people end up spending more on a 360 to get what the PS3 has in the Box at $399.

Yes what you are saying is irrelevant to the thread. I have stated in the thread already people who are single or dont have children could still probably afford a PS3 this christmas through the credit crunch. But my point is during the christmas period many many many parents will look to get their son or daughter a new console and it's these people who will not be able to afford £300 or $399 this year. As I said most families use credit. Parents and there children will be a massive amount of the console sales this christmas. Hence my original point in OP that PS3 sales due to crunch at existing price wont rise over christmas as much as Wii60.

i wonder if  those saying is not expensive, know latin america imports games from the US and that part of the 360 and wii traked here in VGC have gone to latin american retailers? people can make an effort and buy one of then. A lot of asian countries import too, but none will import ps3 at US$400-500(they are around US$750-1000, thnx to local taxes), thats simple crazy. I see a lot of comment saying that not buying a ps3 is a matter of choice only, but please note that in every country(including rich countries like US) there are people that are budget constrained and cant buy a ps3 no matter how much they want one, specially if they have kids. that why US$200 is mass market price, cus thats a good price for a TOY, yes thats right a video game console IS A TOY, there i said it, dont fill less adult because of that.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

EdGuila said:
Battery Pack
20GB HDD
Charger
XBox Live
WiFi
Cooler Fans

Im a 360 owner

Battery pack. Costing about 30 Bucks.

20 GB HDD (came as standard)

Xbox Live only used a few times at approx 5 Bucks a month. I just buy when I know I can play usually Christmas and other holidays. Total 20 Bucks.

Wi Fi (hard wired to router using Ethernet cable supplied)

Cooler Fans (Dont use any additional cooling)

Oh Had to Buy a HDMI cable as none came supplied cost 10 bucks.

So now you know of someone who kept their budget under that of the PS3

Around the Network
selnor said:

Those who dont believe the credit crunch will affect Sony's sales over the christmas are EXTREMELY dillusional. It doesnt matter how many kids cry for the console, at it's current price it will do seriously less numbers than the other 2.

To give you an idea of just how bad the cruch is on a global scale, the Formula 1 recently is looking worrying. With reports of Electronic engine management firms on the verge of pulling out (amongst others.) Heres an article from ITV website in UK.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&id=44027

The problem Sony will face is that money is getting increasingly more difficult to juggle (even before the crunch) and the crunch has not reached it's lowest ebb yet. The price needs to drop by more than $50 in america to have an impact this holiday or we may see the PS3 sales lack the increase that the other 2 will have over the same period.

Your logic is fundemenatlly flawed, if the credit crunch is affecting sony it would mean they need to make MORE money not LESS.  They cut the price and they lose cash, with the current downturn it is more likely Sony keeps selling them at the current price and making money which is what they need to focus on.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

SamuelRSmith said:
libellule said:
@playnext3,

consoles sales (including US) say u are wrong ...

No, console sales (especially including the US) say that the PS3 is getting its arse handed to it on a plate.

==> selling a 400$ console at +50k/weekly is far from being bad.

SO YES, US sales say u are wrong.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
SamuelRSmith said:
libellule said:
@playnext3,

consoles sales (including US) say u are wrong ...

No, console sales (especially including the US) say that the PS3 is getting its arse handed to it on a plate.

==> selling a 400$ console at +50k/weekly is far from being bad.

SO YES, US sales say u are wrong.

US sales are going very well for the price plus one price cut from sony and watch those PS3 go flying I just hope it comes early 2009

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
selnor said:

Those who dont believe the credit crunch will affect Sony's sales over the christmas are EXTREMELY dillusional. It doesnt matter how many kids cry for the console, at it's current price it will do seriously less numbers than the other 2.

To give you an idea of just how bad the cruch is on a global scale, the Formula 1 recently is looking worrying. With reports of Electronic engine management firms on the verge of pulling out (amongst others.) Heres an article from ITV website in UK.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&id=44027

The problem Sony will face is that money is getting increasingly more difficult to juggle (even before the crunch) and the crunch has not reached it's lowest ebb yet. The price needs to drop by more than $50 in america to have an impact this holiday or we may see the PS3 sales lack the increase that the other 2 will have over the same period.

Your logic is fundemenatlly flawed, if the credit crunch is affecting sony it would mean they need to make MORE money not LESS.  They cut the price and they lose cash, with the current downturn it is more likely Sony keeps selling them at the current price and making money which is what they need to focus on.

This thread is about marketshare not profit. Bad marketshare can lead to less sales in the future as word will spread more for the other 2. (not that nintendo need it) :)

PS3 doesn't need a pricecut. Little Big Planet is coming up, and that game will single-handedly save the PS3, sell millions of copies, attract tons of casuals and move truckloads of hardware. The fanboys say so.

..Like MGS4, GTAIV and all those others before it. :p

Also, Xbox360 is cheaper than PS3, it's only 149 bucks now. Yes that's a stripped-down-to-bare-minimum version, but that's beside the point, it's WAY cheaper than what PS3s cost. And a lot of people don't give a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about wifi, HDD and all thos extra bells and whistles, even if that may be beyond the ability of some people's brains to cope with. Xbox360 is the cheapest current-gen console on the market, end of story.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046