By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle NA/EU publishers confirmed!

@tres

no wonder they changed the wii box art from brown to red

Around the Network
trestres said:
@OkeyDokey: I don't live in the USA, so we dont get any ads here. Anyways XSEED/Marvelous are bringing a lot of their games to the west, so I expect a good amount of ads for those games. I know they aren't doing it in vain.

Hell, Ubiport doesnt advertise many of their own Wii games. Brother in Arms wasnt advertised at all, they hoped that uninformed people would confuse it with the actual new game that was being released on the HD consoles. Yea, they are that cheap and dirty.

They're a relatively tiny company (Marvelous, not Ubi...). I don't know why you'd expect anything.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Has anyone honestly ever seen an ad for any game published by Marvelous? I know I haven't.

Stop blaming poor sales on the Ubisoft. It was a niche game.

Much as I hate to admit it, you've got a point here.

Don't mistake me, I'm becoming a bigger fan of Marvelous by the day, but they certainly don't have the resources needed to widely advertise any of their games. That's certainly different from Ubisoft, who has the resources but doesn't care to use them, but the ultimate result will be the same; the game won't be widely advertised.

In time Marvelous may get the ability to fix this, but it's going to be a while.

Soriku said:
@noname

But they're co-publishing with XSeed too.

True, but that's little better. X-Seed is puny itself, and its primary purpose is to localize Japanese games.

There's a reason the two companies are avoiding the HD consoles: they don't have the resources to play in that market, and they've both gone on record as saying so (although X-Seed is considering becoming more ambitious, if the right opporunity comes along).

--OkeyDokey-- said:

What would be so bad about Ubisoft publishing it? What difference would it make?

Well for one my city got it two weeks later.
That never happened before.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Has anyone honestly ever seen an ad for any game published by Marvelous? I know I haven't.

Stop blaming poor sales on the Ubisoft. It was a niche game.

Just for the record, Rising Star (EU) = Marvelous Entertainment (JP, recently US only 2 games published in US)

Harvest Moon DS (EU)                                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7_ZDSuq_U

Harvest Moon Shining Sun & Friends DS (JP)                     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zny9B8eQMtI

No More Heroes (JP)                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sh69IzTlOU

The only US NMH Ad I have ever seen (On the nomoreheroes.com website and being featured on the front page of 1up.com doesn't count), was in 2 gameinformer mags, one a month after the game came out, in which the game was reviewed horridly, and the second was when they didn't expect to get a s much money but didn't want to spend enough on a TV ad. Also, the ads were both the same, and said almost NOTHING about the game, but only offered the front cover pic and 3 TINY 1"x 1.5"gameplay pics.

Acevil said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

What would be so bad about Ubisoft publishing it? What difference would it make?

Well for one my city got it two weeks later.
That never happened before.

Yeah, Mine came out 2 days late as well (although considering your case I shouldn't be complaining)

Jo21 said:
ubisoft makes and adverstive their games

assasin creed sold over 7 million on hd consoles.

no more heroes didn't sold well because of the demographics.

I saw plenty of ads for assassins creed despite ITS Demographic. Ubi just picked up NMH for a quick buck.

nice, i am getting the 1st one as a bday gift for my wii, which i am also getting for my bday. cant wait. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

A far better choice.
Ubisoft -- Red Steele 2 notwithstanding -- has developed a profitable but deploarable business model for the Wii. (and the DS) Make cheap stuff that will sell in middling numbers to certain demographics, enabling a profit that can be put into games for the HD systems.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV