By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GTAIV08 said:
everyones getting too excited over the 360, remember it has a bleeding price cut? did everyone forget that already? also ps3 $399 and 360 $199.

360 is $199,and $299,$399....dont be such a cow

Around the Network
Griffin said:
goddog said:
Griffin said:
Its nice to see the PS3 is starting to pull back from being supply contrained in NA. Wii sales are dropping even though its supply in the market gets bigger and bigger. And people have started to adapt the 360 due to its amazing package deals at retailers. If the holiday bundles have not hit the market yet, i would expect another increase in sales once those arrive.

the ps3 wss supply cinstrained in the usa? when? this is news, why werent there articals, or is it just wishfull thinking. i do remember a breif time after e3 when it was but thats months ago. i do agree though that bundles should help the ps3 this christmas, i expect many games to get limited bundles to help fuel sales, without a price dorp thats the best way to run

The PS3 was/is supply contrained in the same way the wii is, some locations have them and some don't and the locations that do have PS3's have them in small supply compared to the other systems.

im sorry dude but im calling bull on that unless you can provided some articals or proof of supply constraint in september or latter, i vaugely recall a sony anounce ment for july, that might have drifted into august with the harware switchover. but since then nothing about it, and piles of both 360s, and ps3 eveywhere

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Griffin said:
goddog said:
Griffin said:
Its nice to see the PS3 is starting to pull back from being supply contrained in NA. Wii sales are dropping even though its supply in the market gets bigger and bigger. And people have started to adapt the 360 due to its amazing package deals at retailers. If the holiday bundles have not hit the market yet, i would expect another increase in sales once those arrive.

the ps3 wss supply cinstrained in the usa? when? this is news, why werent there articals, or is it just wishfull thinking. i do remember a breif time after e3 when it was but thats months ago. i do agree though that bundles should help the ps3 this christmas, i expect many games to get limited bundles to help fuel sales, without a price dorp thats the best way to run

The PS3 was/is supply contrained in the same way the wii is, some locations have them and some don't and the locations that do have PS3's have them in small supply compared to the other systems.

Oh well then of course the 360 is also supply constrained. That would be an explanation of the increase in sales. /sarcasm

Be realistic. Neither PS3 nor 360 are supply constrained in NA.

GTAIV08 said:
everyones getting too excited over the 360, remember it has a bleeding price cut? did everyone forget that already? also ps3 $399 and 360 $199.

the 360 fallowed a standard price cutting setup, aka one a year. still has its starndard modle at 299, i doubt, but have no proof to the otherwise, that the360 is losing money right now. the ps3 cant make that claim no loses on hardware until 2009 january at current price point, in an offical statment. so id say the ps3 is still more bleeding

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
Griffin said:
goddog said:
Griffin said:

im sorry dude but im calling bull on that unless you can provided some articals or proof of supply constraint in september or latter, i vaugely recall a sony anounce ment for july, that might have drifted into august with the harware switchover. but since then nothing about it, and piles of both 360s, and ps3 eveywhere

The proof is at retailers, i have been to over 20retail locations over the last month, and there is a clear supply problem, wii's greatly out number PS3 units aswell.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Griffin said:
goddog said:
Griffin said:

Oh well then of course the 360 is also supply constrained. That would be an explanation of the increase in sales. /sarcasm

Be realistic. Neither PS3 nor 360 are supply constrained in NA.

Certail models of the 360 are clearly supply contrained at certaian retail locations, some stores have no elites, others no pro's and others have no arcades.  But the overall stock of the 360 is greater then the wii and vastly more then the PS3.

@griffin: Unless you can point out some online retailers that have wii in stock (without requiring bundles), then I am calling your bluff. There may have been some short term isolated cases of supply constraint from the PS3, but the wii continues to be much more supply constrained. Right now Amazon has a couple of modles of the PS3 in stock, and none of the wii without paying at least $40 over MSRP.

@Griffin
I assume you're talking about Canada

when i look at vgchartz sales figures from May 2008 i can see Wii sales of

2 mio. units. In September it was just 1,15 mio. units. So...how could the

Wii have supply constraints right now? It is a huge economic crisis

out there, companies are cutting back production of most consumer devices -->

electronic parts of all kinds are available in huge amounts.

Those 'supply constraints' are just marketing babble...

Griffin said:

The proof is at retailers, i have been to over 20retail locations over the last month, and there is a clear supply problem, wii's greatly out number PS3 units aswell.

I thought this was a joke post, but yeah, Canada? We're talking about NA (US makes up most of the market). Find me an online store that sells the Wii for $250. Here's a PS3 at MSRP for you:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8982988&st=ps3&type=product&id=1218005635152

@illuminatus: The Wii is the fastest selling console ever - why is it unreasonable to think it may be supply constrained?