By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lucasarts : Fracture "is definitely a Gears quality game"

the main problem I had with the demo, which judging by a review I read is also present in the full game, is, that you are always said where to use what deformation .. you don't have to think for yourself even for a bit, so they just wasted this good oportunity to bring back fresh puzzles into the shooter genre *sigh*

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Pristine20 said:
too many FPS already so there's just no room for a mediocre one

Isn't this a TPS?

Anyway, @Lucasarts

LOLOL

No you didn't!!!!

I had finally, FINALLY gotten that stupid Mercenaries 2 song out of my head and you brought it back. Damn you Zen...LOL

Lafiel said:
the main problem I had with the demo, which judging by a review I read is also present in the full game, is, that you are always said where to use what deformation .. you don't have to think for yourself even for a bit, so they just wasted this good oportunity to bring back fresh puzzles into the shooter genre *sigh*

Not true. I'm stuck at the moment in the first level after the tutorial and i have no idea where to go. It's really not that easy

fastyxx said:
"Gears quality"?

You mean an 8/10 or 8.5/10? Or overblown graphics-whore, no-other-games-out-at-the-time ratings upon release of 10+/10?

Which one is he referring to?

Not sure what type of fanboy you are so:

If you're a sony fanboy:
You mean like when Resistance was the only good launch title/game for the first year? You mean when Uncharted finally broke the solid games drought the PS3 was in for 2007? You mean when MGS4 launched after the giant hole in the ground that was the PS3's library after GTA4 was launched and then forgotten about/finished?

If you're a Nintendo Fanboy:
You mean like how Prime 3 was the only good original Wii Game Since Twilight Princess? or Like how Mario Kart Wii/Super Smash Bros (depending on which country your in) was the only great Wii game since SMG? or do you mean like right now after the launch of both of those games how we're waiting for the next big Nintendo game that'll be given inflated review scores?

GT gave this a 7.2 in their video review so I'm going to say no?

Around the Network

not interseted

Skeeuk said:

Fracture "is definitely a Gears quality game"

And terrain deformation isn't a gimmick, says Lucasarts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

Lucasarts' terrain-deforming shooter Fracture - which is in the shops today - is definitely competition for genre big boys Gears of War and Resistance 2, the developer told CVG.

Speaking to us in a recent interview, Lucasarts producer Shara Miller said that players going back to other shooters after Fracture will miss terrain deformation, which is apparently proof that the feature isn't a gimmick.

"When we've done focus groups people have said, 'This is definitely a Gears quality game' and 'Why can't I have terrain deformation in Halo?'," she said, "so it's great to be compared to those really well loved games.

"For a new IP I think that we've done a great job of evoking in people's minds that it's a game of that calibre."

According to Miller it was important to Lucasarts to get Fracture out before the Christmas onslaught. "That was very important to us," she said.

"It's very risky for people to take a chance on a new IP and so we wanted to get out there and be unique at a time when people could focus on our game."

----------------------------------------

^i think its a decent ip and mabey sell respectfully, after trying a demo i thought it wasnt to bad, its out today in the uk but its not one of them titles i usually purchase at full price.

the deformation was good and it has ace grafix, fracture grafix is what mass effect should have been.

is this game on your radar, and is it fair to say its a gears quality game or even resistance 2 quality? i say NO but its still a good ip to launch.

Could of been so much more if it was Only possible On the PS3

lulz silly lucas, pride is for ******. :P

Lol this game is nowhere near Gears quality OR Resistance quality.
It's like Killzone 1 quality, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun quality.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

CAL4M1TY said:
fastyxx said:
"Gears quality"?

You mean an 8/10 or 8.5/10? Or overblown graphics-whore, no-other-games-out-at-the-time ratings upon release of 10+/10?

Which one is he referring to?

Not sure what type of fanboy you are so:

If you're a sony fanboy:
You mean like when Resistance was the only good launch title/game for the first year? You mean when Uncharted finally broke the solid games drought the PS3 was in for 2007? You mean when MGS4 launched after the giant hole in the ground that was the PS3's library after GTA4 was launched and then forgotten about/finished?

If you're a Nintendo Fanboy:
You mean like how Prime 3 was the only good original Wii Game Since Twilight Princess? or Like how Mario Kart Wii/Super Smash Bros (depending on which country your in) was the only great Wii game since SMG? or do you mean like right now after the launch of both of those games how we're waiting for the next big Nintendo game that'll be given inflated review scores?

You can't tell because I'm not one.  I have all 3 consoles and play them all.  And I have 1000 gamerscore on Gears, so I played it plenty.  It's a valid criticism of the critics who overscored it.  It's a good game, but by no means a masterpiece.  It wasn't like I said it was a 5/10 or something.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?