By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Ring of Death .... could Microsoft made it to rise the sales ??

I know , it may be a silly question . but it was ringing on my head for a long time .

after I saw a lot of peolpe suffering from it , and watching videos of people smashing a dead 360s , I just wondered why didn't microsoft fix this thing ?

people buy an XBOX 360 , then it gets a RROD . then they buy another one and again gets an RROD . maybe some people send it back to microsoft and get it again ( then it gets a RROD again ! ) . but that may be diffcult for XBOX users outside the USA .

soooo , what do you think ?

Around the Network

I think this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Microsoft took a lot of shit for the RROD. They have a reputation now for consoles that are not reliable. This undoubtedly has a negative impact on sales.

Further, Microsoft extended the warranties on a HUGE number of these things, which ended up costing them a great deal of money.

There is no way whatsoever that this is true.

No. They rushed the product to get it out a year ahead. It was a huge mistake on their part. This is why they increased the potency of the warranty. I never have to worry about this though because if my Xbox 360 red rings i have a 3 year warranty with Best Buy. I thought ahead because I don't want to have to wait two weeks to a month just to get my system back. I also think most people don't take advantage of a little thing called common sense, which is why they allow themselves to get screwed.

well actually they could have done it to make it look as though they ve got a bigger market share than what they really have!

Maybe there are more working PS3s out there than 360s !

seriously ridiculous thread

Hmmm, this should be interesting. =P

I think they're definitely playing with people's minds here. Honestly, if that was their strategy from the start, they're pretty stupid because they might have lost way more customers that way. Customers are usually not stupid when it comes to buying something over $300, and some might have already known about the RROD, and hearing that ''the other'' HD console out there doesn't have that problem, they see a better value in buying the PS3.

I know some people that didn't buy a 360 for that reason, and got a PS3 instead. So losing millions of customers is way worse than the amount of time a 360 can get a RROD.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:
well actually they could have done it to make it look as though they ve got a bigger market share than what they really have!

Are you 12, or something?  I guarantee you, absolutely guarantee you, that they did not sacrifice their reputation and millions upon millions of dollars so that their marketshare is somehow increased on vgchartz.com

APolitical said:
oliminator1994 said:

Are you 12, or something?  I guarantee you, absolutely guarantee you, that they did not sacrifice their reputation and millions upon millions of dollars so that their marketshare is somehow increased on vgchartz.com

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic

The part where he said "seriously ridiculous thread" gave me a clue.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I smell a troll.

I think after 1 post, your agenda is obvious.