By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles - MEDIA BLOWOUT Official Thread - JRPG Of The Year!

mrstickball said:
Interesting. Looks like a next-gen Phantasy Star Universe with the whole online aspect of it.

Did you mean PSO? Was PSU on the 360 not a new-gen game?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mrstickball said:
Interesting. Looks like a next-gen Phantasy Star Universe with the whole online aspect of it.

Yeah PSU was a next gen title. It is very good, but niche market. It's like sort of mmorpg but not really (I know sounds wierd). Basically if you like FF type games PSU you wont really like. And if you like WOW PSU you wont really like. It's kinda got it's own niche market. You have to be open minded to like it. I guess if WKC is similar then some will get it expecting one thing and not being what they thought.

selnor said:
outlawauron said:
mrstickball said:

Yeah PSU was a next gen title. It is very good, but niche market. It's like sort of mmorpg but not really (I know sounds wierd). Basically if you like FF type games PSU you wont really like. And if you like WOW PSU you wont really like. It's kinda got it's own niche market. You have to be open minded to like it. I guess if WKC is similar then some will get it expecting one thing and not being what they thought.

I know. I own the game for the 360 and played it online.  >_>

outlawauron said:
selnor said:
outlawauron said:
mrstickball said:

LOL. Thought you were asking a question. :)

I don't know about the best - but it's one of the candidates... it's obvious even without the info in the thread.

1. Persona 4
2. Tales of Vesperia
3. The Last Remnant
4. White Knight Chronicles

FIGHT! hehe.

P.S: I really like you contributions Darth.

Around the Network

@Xen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

selnor said:
Yeah sorry, from these media Fable 2 wins rpg of the year, and if this is not as good as FF7 then sorry again but LO is JRPG of thyear. IT came out in March. LO in my opinion is actually a little better than FF7. Better VA, more emotional and great battle system.

thats a bit of a strange reasoning, if wkc isnt as good as ff7 then lo is jrpg oof the year. wkc looks to pass lo, lo i got bored with it at start of dvd4 and traded t in. wkc has 2w games in 1, 1 is the story quest, the other is an online dedicated 4player co op, sorry but lo isnt what ppl try to make it out wkc looks better than any current or even upcoming 360 jrpg, so4 looks good but we will have to see how gamers react to these games

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

selnor said:
outlawauron said:
selnor said:
outlawauron said:
mrstickball said:

LOL. Thought you were asking a question. :)

No worries. It was satire at stick's expense. I thought it was funny that him of all people would say the a 360 game isn't a now-gen game.

And PSU was definetly NOT a good game.

Skeeuk said:
selnor said:
Yeah sorry, from these media Fable 2 wins rpg of the year, and if this is not as good as FF7 then sorry again but LO is JRPG of thyear. IT came out in March. LO in my opinion is actually a little better than FF7. Better VA, more emotional and great battle system.

thats a bit of a strange reasoning, if wkc isnt as good as ff7 then lo is jrpg oof the year. wkc looks to pass lo, lo i got bored with it at start of dvd4 and traded t in. wkc has 2w games in 1, 1 is the story quest, the other is an online dedicated 4player co op, sorry but lo isnt what ppl try to make it out wkc looks better than any current or even upcoming 360 jrpg, so4 looks good but we will have to see how gamers react to these games

This is why I said in my post in my opinion. I have played so many JRPG's since FF7 and LO is the first to match it. So for me WKC would need to match FF7 quality to be JRPG of the year. See I think LO is the most underated RPG of the last 10 years. While pretty mediocre rpg's (in my opinion) like FF12, FF8 and 10 all get marked high others go by marked slightly lower. This is a crime because for me FF is a series with awesome games (FF7, FF2) good games ( FF1,FF5,FF6,FF9) While the rest are just ok. I'm not scared to say that.

LO was awesome whilr BD was ok. Same company but 2 very different games. I'm interested in WKC because I like Phantasy Star games. And WKC is so similar but on a higher budget. But it will be niche because it wont appeal to people who didnt like Phantasy Star games.