By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star ocean 4 coming to PS3

As a rule, it is harder for 2rd or 3rd place consoles go gain 3rd party exclusives. Not enough market share to make up for the lost revenue for exclusivity.

The PS2 had it easy. It was crushing everybody, do developers were flocking to them for exclusives.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
can someone who reads the original language confirm thats what was even said?

If you mean French, we have these two sentences from two different articles, my translation (a bit rough, since I haven't studied French in some time)

Square vient d'annoncer que le jeu sortira aussi sur le monolithe de Sony.

On précise que le jeu est prévu sur Xbox 360 et PlayStation 3.

Sentence No1: Square just finished announcing that the game will come out also for Sony's machine

Sentence No2: We can confirm that the game is expected for Xbox 360 and PS3

im not suer i like the thought of there not being many exclusives in the future what else will us console fans have to brag about? CONSOLE COLOUR?

YES OMG, now this is one less reason for me to get a 360, since its coming to PS3, i'll snag the PS3 version, but i'll still "Jump in" for Infiniti and LO.

Everyone wins! ... sort of ...

so....if square actually announced this...have any other sites talked about this

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

It's good for ps3 owners, and xbox 360 I mean it's a fair trade, I'll wait for the confirmation before i will rejoice. DMeisterJ why do you care if it's coming to ps3, you already have xbox 360, so it's not like it's affecting you in any way.

If this turns out to be true, it just means more people get to play Star Ocean IV. I'm not gonna pull a PS3 fanboy and start denigrating the series because its on more than one console. I didn't think anyone would care if Tekken went multiplatform. The series hasn't really been big since Tekken Tag Tournament, yet certain fanboys had a meltdown.

timed exclusive ?
simaltaneous ?

which

MrBubbles said:
so....if square actually announced this...have any other sites talked about this

None of the American sites have, and none of the Japanese sites I look at have either(who would presumably know first, being that the show is in Tokyo and SE is a Japanese company and all...)

IDK, im a big skeptical, i've been burned before in the past. If so, THANK GOD, this game looks awesome, and no not cuz its possibly multi-plat now, ive said this before and hoped it was multi-plat ever since it was announced. *sigh* I really hate having to explain my excitement/disappointment towards a game because of this whole exclusive to other system/ now also on 360 BS.