By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Wii will hit 17-18 million consoles sold by year's end

and of course, PS3 fan, like me, doesnt agree lol

Time to Work !

Around the Network

What killer apps from the PS1 and PS2 will the Wii get in 2008?

JouninGarret said:
What killer apps from the PS1 and PS2 will the Wii get in 2008?

This is like the second thread today you have posted one line questions that require lengthy answers.  Maybe you should start another thread? Put a bunch of your question in there and give yourself an entire thread of debate. Then this discussion can continue on the topic of the OP.  

To Each Man, Responsibility

Calm down there,no need to get agressive,I´m just curious.

JouninGarret said:

I believe you read into my post way too much.  It was just a statement, I actually just think the questions have some lengthy answers so an entire thread would make more sense so that they can be given full consideration.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

OK first of all the 360 is nowhere near 15 million. Second, Wii will probably be well over 16 million by 2008.

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Sqrl said:Good call, I am sure the Wii will only sell 491,000 units a month from now until the end of the year.

/Sarcasm 

Sorry, I forgot this is a site where folks get their jollies off of moonlighting as market analysts. I guess I'd better look at some numbers... 

I'm looking the numbers over and I think they could do 14-15, but that's about it.

The Wii worldwide weekly totals are always ~250k units sold, that gives us about 1 mil per month, but there's only 5 months left in the year and that, added to the current 9.5 mil, only gives us 14.5 mil.

Unless Nintendo is stockpiling (which makes no sense to me as they'll be missing out on potential sales of excellent games like Mario Strikers and Metroid Prime 3 because these games will be long forgotten by the time xmas with SSBB and Mario Galaxy rolls around), then 15 mil is probably what we can expect to see right now.

And no, I don't think they're going to whip some factories out of nowhere and make the 18 mil total because they didn't do that with the DSL which has been sold out for not one but TWO xmases in a row. If they're just NOW sating DSL demand, I doubt the Wii will be any better for a while still.

I'd like to be wrong, as I'm hoping to develop for the Wii some day and it results in a bigger potential customer base, but you'll pardon my skepticism when they had the same problem with the DSL and they should be even easier to manufacture since they're a revision and not a new console. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
Sqrl said:Good call, I am sure the Wii will only sell 491,000 units a month from now until the end of the year.

/Sarcasm 

Sorry, I forgot this is a site where folks get their jollies off of moonlighting as market analysts. I guess I'd better look at some numbers... 

I'm looking the numbers over and I think they could do 14-15, but that's about it.

The Wii worldwide weekly totals are always ~250k units sold, that gives us about 1 mil per month, but there's only 5 months left in the year and that, added to the current 9.5 mil, only gives us 14.5 mil.

Unless Nintendo is stockpiling (which makes no sense to me as they'll be missing out on potential sales of excellent games like Mario Strikers and Metroid Prime 3 because these games will be long forgotten by the time xmas with SSBB and Mario Galaxy rolls around), then 15 mil is probably what we can expect to see right now.

And no, I don't think they're going to whip some factories out of nowhere and make the 18 mil total because they didn't do that with the DSL which has been sold out for not one but TWO xmases in a row. If they're just NOW sating DSL demand, I doubt the Wii will be any better for a while still.

I'd like to be wrong, as I'm hoping to develop for the Wii some day and it results in a bigger potential customer base, but you'll pardon my skepticism when they had the same problem with the DSL and they should be even easier to manufacture since they're a revision and not a new console. 

Nintendo released a report stating that they will have sold to retail 22.5m consoles by April 2008. Since sold to retail is almost the same thing as sold to consumer for the Wii, you're essentially predicting  that they will move only 5m more in the next five months, and around 8m in the three months after.

Soriku said:
JouninGarret said:

Hmmm, thats funny. KH isn't annouced for Wii; the next KH game IS going to be for PSP or DS.

Link: http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/tetsuya-nomura-interviewed/ 

DQ: Swords is on the Wii. Thats one.
And the Tales game coming to Wii is the sequel of the GCN version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I honestly dont see the wii selling extreemly well, I think we will see the momentum drop soon, but as of right now Im stickint to my predicition maybe as much as 16million units.

mM