By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii has outsold the N64

Awesome, a great mental victory by breaking it's fall-from-market-leader numbers.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
Nice if only it had games as good as the N64. Still amazing achievement. The Snes is next right?

The Wii is less than 2 years old. You know what the N64 didn't have before its 2nd birthday? Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros., Conker's Bad Fur Day, Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Banjo Tooie and Tony Hawk.

Give it time.

I like Bacon said:

W00t Go Wii!

What sistem(s) have sold more that Wii but less than the SNES? Consoles and handhelds. Too lazy to look.

The PSP

Damn yes, SNES is up ahead. Probably PSP will be caught up before SNES.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

cheers

Around the Network

Forgot about the PSP. >_>; But I'm more looking for much much older systems that have stopped selling.

Veggie said:
Beja-Beja said:
Nice if only it had games as good as the N64. Still amazing achievement. The Snes is next right?

The Wii is less than 2 years old. You know what the N64 didn't have before its 2nd birthday? Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros., Conker's Bad Fur Day, Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Banjo Tooie and Tony Hawk.

Give it time.

Will you stop posting facts and making sense.  People don't do that around here.

Congrats Nintendo. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I like Bacon said:

Forgot about the PSP. >_>; But I'm more looking for much much older systems that have stopped selling.

Between the SNES and Wii? Only the PSP

amp316 said:
Veggie said:
Beja-Beja said:

Give it time.

Will you stop posting facts and making sense.  People don't do that around here.

Congrats Nintendo. 

Shit, sorry. A console is only as good as it's games. Buy cheeseburgers and the Wii will get better games.

Howzat?

Veggie said:
amp316 said:
Veggie said:
Beja-Beja said:

Give it time.

Congrats Nintendo. 

Shit, sorry. A console is only as good as it's games. Buy cheeseburgers and the Wii will get better games.

Howzat?

Much better but I think the Wii's games are more like chili dogs or pizza puffs. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger