By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii sales hit 9 million worldwide

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_sales_hit_9_million_worldwide_just_one_million_behind_Xbox360

Nintendo's Wii console has continued to break more records as the fastest-selling home console of all time, hitting 9 million units sold in under 9 months. With Wii shipments increasing in the lead up to the holiday season and a number of big releases, Wii stands a good chance of hitting 15 million by the end of the year.

Around the Network

Dugg

Xzbeat said:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_sales_hit_9_million_worldwide_just_one_million_behind_Xbox360

Nintendo's Wii console has continued to break more records as the fastest-selling home console of all time, hitting 9 million units sold in under 9 months. With Wii shipments increasing in the lead up to the holiday season and a number of big releases, Wii stands a good chance of hitting 15 million by the end of the year.

Good to see the story got dug ;) but WTH??  15 million??  LOL... someone was a tad bit off on that number! 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Xzbeat said:

Good to see the story got dug ;) but WTH?? 15 million?? LOL... someone was a tad bit off on that number!

Too low?

If there is absolutely no extra stock for Christmas for the Wii then they will be stuck at 15 million, but given that it would be incredibly dumb to not have some extra stock then yes 15 million is low. Maybe you were being sarcastic and realized what I meant?..

Where do you think the Wii will be at Dolla Dolla?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I'd really like to know how many Nintendo has stockpiled and what their production is like, myself.

Fifteen million would certainly be doable if they can supply that many. We're already looking at 900k a month, which would bring us up to almost 13m by the middle of November. 2m for mid-November to mid-December would be a cakewalk.

15 million is the low end of realistic expectations I think.  I'm going with 16.5-17 million by the end of the year...with 18 million at the high end of realistic expectations.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Dugg

I wasn't sure which way you were swaying actually, so I went with my gut reaction, that it would do more than 15. I think, given the probability that they are increasing production and stockpiling for the holiday season, that 15 is definitely too low. I don't want to be overly generous though, so I'll stick to a healthy 17.

I too thought you were objecting to a number as high as 15m.