By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - talking adds

These threads always get locked.

Around the Network

I have disabled ads on my browser. I can not see any annoying ads.

i like the ads! they make me feel special

super_etecoon said:
These threads always get locked.

Yeah and people keep making these threads.

Valkyria00 said:
Exactly why I love Opera. All you gotta do is is right-click the page and block whatever content you dont want.=) I recommend trying out Opera.

Also you can use Adblock on FF if you use that. I could never get it to work though. Im using lolifox an FF mod and it already has it built in to work perfectly. If you use regular Adblock it can get pretty confusing.

Anyways the Ads on this site have been getting worse and worse so dunno if that'll change.

Wow, you can block stuff on Opera? Where? I had no idea about this.

I agree that the adds are annoying as heck, but you guys should press the good ones (and just close the window), as that may make it more of them - and either way, it helps the site.

My main problem with speaking guys is this one guy screaming Snaaaaaaaaaake at me or something (could be caaaaaake I don't know). I can't find out where the commercial is though (and it only appears on VGC).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

inb4threadgetslocked

I use Firefox 3 and don't get those macbook ads, but i do get some that i think are for an emoticon provider - they say hello in this annoying voice

I've seen a bunch of these, they always go the same way:

OP: "ads suck"

Within 5 replies: "Get firefox+noscript+adblock"

Within 10 replies: "VGchartz has ads?" and "Or get opera"

Within 15 replies: "This thread is going to get locked"

Within 20 replies: "In before lock"

Sometime after 2 pages: "When does this get locked?"

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her