By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - talking adds

can we please get rid of the talking adds?  I like to listen to music when browsing this website and it gets annoying having an add talk to me about the mac book, and wasn't there one about a cell phone a few months ago also?

Around the Network

I always get that Ahmed the dead terrorist add...'I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' I kill you' X_X.

Talking ads?

(yes, I'm totally aware that they exist for certain people who don't use certain browsers with certain addons for that browser)

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Yes, whenever you open up a web page you have a chance that an add will say, "Congratulations, you have won a free mac book air" or something like that.

Exactly why I love Opera. All you gotta do is is right-click the page and block whatever content you dont want.=) I recommend trying out Opera.

Also you can use Adblock on FF if you use that. I could never get it to work though. Im using lolifox an FF mod and it already has it built in to work perfectly. If you use regular Adblock it can get pretty confusing.

Anyways the Ads on this site have been getting worse and worse so dunno if that'll change.

Around the Network

Could you get me a link for how to add block with ff3?

Yeah Im all for the website making money and all, but the adds are getting out of hand. A lot of times they crash my browser here at work.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

^^Maybe not a good idea. As far as i know you are not supposed to talk about this. The site needs the money from advertising, someone has to pay for it.

(about adblock i mean) not the site's adds themselves.

I'm all for the site making money, but talking adds? That would have to add to the bandwidth of the site you would think, or is it linked to the advertisers website? Anyways, I hope ioi got them to pony up some extra cash for it.