By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Everstar said:
GTAIV08 said:
looks like ps3 could be back on top in europe in 2 weeks, maybe even next week. also back on top in japan but 360 should stay on top in america. give it a month and the ps3 will back on top worldwide. as usual wii crushes all! you know what sony should do? just go for the kill oj the 360 and cut the price! even £50 will do. if that happens 360 is dead and buried for sure!

lol alright yeah=/. Could you tell me why you think that?

Because the 360 is barely able to outsell the ps3 at the pricepoint of a ps2.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
Ok this thread really makes me sick lol you people are ridiculous am I really reading this right? People saying the 360 is dead in Europe? Lol you people are sad. For one it has a good lead in overall sales in Sony land as you guys say also it just outsold the PS3 again this week.... I dont get it?

Actually it doesn't, the PS3 overtook the 360 in Europe in June, you're watching "Others" numbers, which accounts for more places

Check here

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=39572&end=39726&weekly=1

This is the others number thred though is it not?

Yes, but you said Sony land. Others is Europe+Rest of The World. And Rest of the World is clearly not Sony Land

Others
26,550 3,271,665
14,688 1,344,151
10,871 465,389
10,659 5,322,246
10,235 2,109,421
10,124 719,461

Actually, it's Europe + Australia + Others. Let's have a look.

Last gen, at the end of 2006, the numbers were as follows in Others. (How do you add the thing you had in your last post? I can't seem to do it)

Ps2: 3950K

GC: 170K

XB: 660K

XB + GC: 830K

Ps2 market share: ~ 82.5%

That market share is far higher than Ps2 had in Europe, where it was at around 75% at this time. Definately Sony land.

As for this gen, sales since start of 2007.

In all of Others.

Wii: 10.8M - 46.2%

Ps3: 7.35M - 31.4%

X360: 5.22M - 22.3%

In just the Others region:

Wii: 451K - 19.8%

Ps3: 706K - 31.2%

X360: 1113K - 49%

So this region is just as much Sony land as Others. The only difference is really, that it is not Nintendo land.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

massive drop for xbox 360, at this price point i would be very worried if i was microsoft.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Stan85 said:
Wait for Fable 2 and Gears 2,people... Also,do not forget about GTA4 episode 1 and Fallout 3 DL content. Banjo 3 for the casual market,offcourse. If you are saying that 360 will be overrun by the ps3 this Xmass with this much price difference and the software it dellivers,you are wrong.

This sounds like Microsoft PR.

Yes that stuff is great, but it is only one sided. And in reality.. Sony's holiday lineup is better than Microsofts this holiday.

Plus GTAIV content and Banjo arent going to do anything. Any of the major multiplats is much more important to Microsoft.

I can't wait till Fallout.

@OP,

I give it 2 weeks until the PS3 is above the 360 in Europe.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

http://kotaku.com/index.php?refId=5059808

looks like MS has another week to reign in japan

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:
Can i just say that PS3 is almost equal to 360 despite just having a price drop.

i no im stating the obvious here but some people dont seem to understand this!

LOL and of course it's almost equal in Japan and the USA where it is also now outselling the PS3 EH!..

You are stating the obvious and you are trying to put SPIN on the fact that the 360 in OTHERS only a couple of weeks ago the fanboys were saying comments like "Others love Sony" etc well now it looks like "Others love Microsoft even more" considering the short time Xbox has been out and don't forget this is only Xbox 2 taking on Playstation number 3 and beating it.

See DMeisterJ bottom part of his post tries to put Negative spin on the 360 but the fact is that the 360 outsells the PS3 again..

So spin it however you want, and as for loses the PS3 has the proud record of LOSING more money on hardware than the PS2 MADE in it's best 5 years...

And MS can drop the price even further when they now choose as JASPER is now confirmed in new 360s..

And another LOL @ Skeeuk
"massive drop for xbox 360, at this price point i would be very worried if i was microsoft."

Yer I bet they are really worried eh ? they are outselling the PS3 in all regions and are selling huge amounts of software worldwide, they make big money from Xbox Live and rightly so its the best out there and will soon be even far better with "Live Experence almost here" then you have Xbox arcade downloads,Movie downloads,Xbox1 game backward compatable downloads etc etc.. Wow they must be scared at Sony doing the reverse HA...

Skeeuk said:
massive drop for xbox 360, at this price point i would be very worried if i was microsoft.

I bet you aren't in risky stock?

and you luckily aren't microsoft

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Skeeuk said:

i dont think they are losing any money on this, and if they are, id say its less than what they make from one game, the 3 years its been on the market im sure build prices are undercontrol, though we will never truely no with all the crap crammed into the entertainment division at ms stupid zune, and surface 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
kirby007 said:
Skeeuk said:

i dont think they are losing any money on this, and if they are, id say its less than what they make from one game, the 3 years its been on the market im sure build prices are undercontrol, though we will never truely no with all the crap crammed into the entertainment division at ms stupid zune, and surface 

correct, all I want too say microsoft isn't very worried. they are here too stay

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Skeeuk said:

Well looking at the numbers i would be more worried if i was Sony...