By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wii is actually now higher! Just saying!

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
It's just me or the numbers in the front page are different?

Yeah, they Wii's numbers grew by nearly 20K after this thread got started.  Pretty interesting, really.

axumblade said:

O.o

Nevermind.

Anyways, I do agree with the last part. A lot of people I talk to about the 360 seem to think they're going to release a new system soon.

I used to be against it, but now I hope so, I'd probably buy a XBox 720 if it's significantly more powerful than the 360, what with all the rumors on the PS4 just being a little bit more powerful than the PS3 and the Wii 2 just being Wii HD, take my money MS, take my money.

MS should just get out of Europe. People just do not want 360 here, no matter how cheap it is. That should be pretty obvious by now.

Price drop and massive marketing and yet they will be beat by PS3 next week again.

MS should be embarrassed.

DMeisterJ said:
This is a fun thread.

lol.

The failure that is the 360 in "Others" is fun to look at.

The failure that is the PS3's gigantic losses is fun to look at.

C'mon, isn't that too much? I don't even like Microsoft, but you know...

@Groucho: Erm, are you by any chance implying the thread's reaction to the Wii sales had anything to do with the boost?

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
Groucho said:
Once again the only unexpected item here is the fact that the Wii weekly share is well below 50%, whereas it hasn't been for a long while, until the last few weeks anyhow.

Are we getting the first glimpses of the Wii's week-to-week sales peaks, and a gradual downhill slope after? I don't think it actually possible, at this point, for the Wii to slide to "2nd" place, but it seems as though its lead has stabilized, in terms of marketshare -- it may even be dropping... which of course means that the HD consoles are still gaining momentum.

I guess 48.5% market share this week in Others is "well below 50%"

The Wii number was "corrected" to 140K after my post, just for clarification.  Take at look at the OP.  The Wii's % was at 46% when I posted, and yes, I would consider that to be well below 50%, especially since its below the Wii's lifetime marketshare as well.

All is good now, though.  VGChartz has given the Wii an extra 19K, and all is happy in Nintendo-land.

360 still got 6 billion looses too,

both companies are in a hole.

but of course both companies get huge profit from other divisions.

360 won't drop back down to 40k in others. We're going to see numbers 55k+ in others for a long time now, at this point.

That's not good for Sony, considering this was their strongest market for making gains on the large gap in the current console numbers.

Year of the PS3 postponed to 2010 confirmed?

Jo21 said:

Not anymore, at least for one of them. Especially with the economy.

FishyJoe said:
Jo21 said:

Not anymore, at least for one of them. Especially with the economy.

Sony still had a $4 billion profit last year, not great for a company that big, but not bad at all.