By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So this is what Wipeout Looks Like in HD

Id rather wait for Wipeout PS3.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Call me a fanboy or whatever, I don't care...this game looks boring.

Trust me if its controlled with the six axis it isnt anywhere near borin

mM
Dolla Dolla said:
It's ... ok. I guess fine for a downloadable game. Are they making a full Blu-ray title Wipeout someday, or just this?

Yes they are making one next year, this one is a downloadable version game with online mutliplayer.

Also, this is not a trailer if you read it says gameplay montage.... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

You see, this is the problem right here. Straight up sixaxis control is obvious, boring, and misses the whole potential for challenge in control that I expect from a real next-gen version of Wipeout. With the rigid sixaxis I guess you'd orient the control and it orients the ship. Big whoop. Now if it were a wimote and nunchuck, with independent motion sensing in each, then I could imagine each acting as directional+throttle controls for one of the craft's two main engines. Much more dynamic. Much steeper learning curve. Pure Wipeout growth as it should have been. All this could be achieved on PS3 if you could simply saw the sixaxis in half and move each set of 'threeaxis' on their own. Oh well. Too bad Sony bought Psygnosis.

bugmenot said:
leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

You see, this is the problem right here. Straight up sixaxis control is obvious, boring, and misses the whole potential for challenge in control that I expect from a real next-gen version of Wipeout. With the rigid sixaxis I guess you'd orient the control and it orients the ship. Big whoop. Now if it were a wimote and nunchuck, with independent motion sensing in each, then I could imagine each acting as directional+throttle controls for one of the craft's two main engines. Much more dynamic. Much steeper learning curve. Pure Wipeout growth as it should have been. All this could be achieved on PS3 if you could simply saw the sixaxis in half and move each set of 'threeaxis' on their own. Oh well. Too bad Sony bought Psygnosis.

It depends on how they use the six axis, if its connected to the game and well works perfectly as if your steering a car, it would be fun. But even if it has a nunchuck and a wii mote how can they make it any more dynamic than the six axis since its the same steering function?

mM
Around the Network

I hate the sixaxis. The only complain I have on the PS3 is that why the hell did Sony copy the motion sensing from Wii. I hate the Wii motion sensing too.

bugmenot said:
leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

wow.. just wow... i cant even come up with a comment for this without flaming you... geez.. 

Anyways, I have the press PSN access. The demo they have for it is amazing. As fun as the rest of the WipeOut Series. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Silver_Z said:
I hate the sixaxis. The only complain I have on the PS3 is that why the hell did Sony copy the motion sensing from Wii. I hate the Wii motion sensing too.

Because they wanted to make an innovative controller that is fit for everyone, you dont have to use the six axis if you dont want to,there is always an option, with the exception of the goblin in spiderman 3.

mM
leo-j said:
Silver_Z said:

Because they wanted to make an innovative controller that is fit for everyone, you dont have to use the six axis if you dont want to,there is always an option, with the exception of the goblin in spiderman 3.

That is why I am still playing my PS3 and not touching my Wii.

Look, I don't understand why you all have a problem with my comment.

The point is the wiimote and nunchuck can effectively be used as two independant joystiqs in 3d sapce. The Sixaxis can be used as two joystiqs glued together in 3d space. You don't see the difference in control flexibility? Being a Wipeout lover, I'd relish the challenge of having independant control of the two halves of the craft. Stuck together, it's basically warhawk with a track.

I'm sure with regular Sixaxis use it will be plenty fun, and as ssj12 said, as fun as any of the others. The problem is, for something that was so fresh and challenging when it came out, and for two new generations of consoles (3 if you count PSP) and for a $600/500 price tag, I'd kind of hope for more than the same experience in higher resolution. It should be more fun than the others. Not, 'as much fun'.